Sinister: Teabag love

Rebecca Wright rwr at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 6 17:08:34 GMT 2002

Hello,

First off Brighton. Is there a particular hotel like in Peter's dream
which is going to be graced with a Sinister collective over the
weekend or are people just making their own plans, bunking round each
others' homes? If the latter's the case then I need a place to stay!!,
I'm quite skinny, you could just fold me up and tuck me in a corner
somewhere!

I've done what could be a foolish thing, lent my B&S CDs to someone
who doesn't care. Within the hour TBWTAS was drunkenly swiped off the
table to smash open on the grimy pub floor 'oopps!' Just about
restrained from screeching like a banshee and diving to its aid whilst
she rubbed it further into the grit-stridden carpet before getting a
hold.

Steven M Rhodes wrote:
>Last week I was making a cup coffee and after pouring in the milk, I
had
>this momentary lapse of reason and instead of putting the milk back
in the
>fridge, I put it in the cupboard. Have you ever done this?

I did a similar thing but with a cup of tea made from cold tap water
rather than hot kettle water, stared at the milky white emulsion as it
rose thinking 'why is this not brown?'.
According to Jill this is a sure sign of infatuation, the morning
after she thought herself first in love she spent five minutes trying
to cram a box of Shreddies into her fridge, 5 minutes is quite a long
time to be in a daze esp. when she starts removing blocks of cheese
and the like from the fridge to make room for cereal. The same day she
walks into school with a pepper pot lodged in a coat pocket.
My friends are currently working hard on the equation
teabag + cold water=?
Despairingly their answers have nick-names like Hairy Baz "no don't
meet him it'll put you off!"
Brave face, brave face...

Right, I'll admit it to 1,500 strangers instead of 4 close friends
mainly 'cause I get the feeling you'd understand better when I say I
think it is love but the guy is pale and gangly and shy and cares
about nothing but music.
 At least I thought he was shy, that was one of the 'must be love'
moments (don't really know as no prior experience) when along came the
mortification of seeing him happy and comfy with a girl with pretty
hair who you hate all the more because she seems so nice. So it wasn't
shyness towards me so much as it was a kind of polite contempt.
If this was a soap opera you'd be groaning at the old predictable
plot, thankfully it took me an hour rather than several episodes to
figure out she was his sister but it left me shaken at just how badly
I'd reacted. Now all his actions round me are hesitant and ambiguous
whilst mine to him are clumsy and make me cringe when making tea.

Oh now look what I've gone and wrote, I'll send it now before I sleep
on it and see it for the stupid, self-indulgent tripe it really is.

Becky
xx