Sinister: It wasn't me, it's my first day

Oliver S. Fox o.fox at xxx.com
Thu Feb 7 16:39:53 GMT 2002

Hello Sinister list,

I'm new 'round here and having be granted release from the Nursery I thought
I raise my head and wish you all and warm hello.  (Hopefully a beautuful
group hug would follow this bravery)

Other than this possible outcome I think the teacher would welcome me to the
class, "now everyone this is Ollie and he is new to the school" and then she
would appoint some of the friendly kids to show me where the loos and tuck
shop are.  How I loved that tuck shop!

Hoping that someone is interested, I'm Ollie, 21 years young and from
central Glasgow.  Well London originally, and then Aberdeen and now Glasgow
so here I am somewhere between London and Aberdeen.  I'm a post-graduate
student for my sins and I like to look at life through rose-coloured
glasses.  I once was a cynical man (well boy) but now reformed I like to go
through life seeing the prettiest aspects of everything.  I hope it's not
just that my cynicism has destroyed any hopeful expectations (argh).

Great, well anyway I have only recently discovered Belle and Sebastian
having noticed their credit for the soundtrack to Storytelling which I
though was pretty ace.  Only a couple of months later I have all the B & S
recordings I can get my grubby fingers on and my friends are fast becoming
fans due being forced to listen to them every time they come round or get in
my Mini.

I am extremely excited about going to the Edinburgh gig on the 1st of April
(It had better not be a joke) and hope to see some of you there.

Magnetic fridge letters are fantastic.  It is such a great way to pleasantly
surprise a flat-mate.

Well apart from saying how much I love being on this list and sharing in all
your B&S and other experiences I shall end this now because a weedy
introductory email has to end some where.

Big smiles and nervous laughs,

Ollie