Sinister: I Could Dance All Night Like I'm A Soul Girl

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Thu Feb 7 23:11:15 GMT 2002

Hi All,

The subject was going to be "He remembers Stiff Little Fingers in '78" but
someone else already drew attention to that.

Rock For Me Belfast
Thanks to the band and the Beeb for broadcasting the Belfast gig. Good to
hear the full live sound without a load of audience chatter obscuring it. I
especially liked the full-on R!O!C!K The Boys Are Back In Town and the
eight-hander on The Boy With The Arab Strap. What about the rest though?
They didn't broadcast the following songs:

   My Wandering Days Are Over
   Slow Graffiti
   Don't Leave The Light On Baby
   Cool For Cats
   Simple Things
   The Fox In The Snow
   O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
   Dog On Wheels
   Happy Christmas (War Is Over)

The strings on Fox In The Snow are beautiful. Please all therefore mail nice
Mr Lamacq (steve.lamacq at bbc.co.uk) & try to persuade him to air the rest of
the concert.

WANDERING ALONE

At last a clear version where you can make out all the words. Apologies to
Stevie Thomas Jackson for any mistakes in my attempt at transcribing the
lyrics to his Spanish tale of a fugitive from justice. All corrections
welcome.

Wandering alone on the ridge of a coast
Lost to the world he had known as a boy
He knows his lover lies South in the city

Passing along in the sleepiest night
Warm in the woods that conceal him from light
He is accustomed to hiding from people

Taking his time as he crosses a bridge
Holding the flowers he picked from the ridge
Walking in shadows to his Senorita

Safe in the dawn he gets under the sheets
His Senorita heavenly sweet
Soul(?) that was put there to save and protect him

<instrumental break, some pizzicato>

He knows her time cannot endlessly go
Traps will be set by the people below
She would be caught too and he could not bear it

Hoping for freedom he can almost touch
Both take for granted as they walk to church
He says his prayers and God listens to him

"Sir, all I want is the chance to amend
Past infidelities. Please do not send
Me far away from my wise
Me far away from my wise
Me far away from my wise
Senorita
Senorita"

There. Someone should do Nothing In The Silence, or better still The Magic
Of A Kind Word, if only to convince me that Stuart doesn't actually keep
singing "Shake, Mother Goose" throughout it.

Keith Watson
Fans of Mr Dandycock who miss his contributions to Sinister will have to
content themselves with his submission to B&S' Top 10s page where he rates
Bowie.

Ant
I don't remember having plugged anyone for a while so please check out
Hefner drummer Mr Harding's solo work. (see www.antpop.com)  His album "A
Long Way To Blow A Kiss" will be out on 04.03.02? and is lovely - 11 songs,
some sad & some sweet, all pretty.

That'll do for now. Y'all have fun in Camden On Sea at the weekend.

Love,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK