Sinister: I dream of a Ledaean body, bent above a sinking fire

Genevieve Wesley jiffy_popper at xxx.com
Fri Feb 8 01:48:59 GMT 2002

Dear Sinister,

I hope you are all well. I have been enjoying Mark C's posts about his
furious cleaning habits. I'd hire him to put some of that energy around here
so that I could stop using the floor and actually study from a desk...alas
there's too many socks piled on it.

I was listening to the recent Christmas show B&S played in Glasgow, how
lovely the whole night sounded! Everyone happy and singing along with
drunken rosy cheeks. Just what is this disco-y 'Cool for Cats' song that
everyone knew? I feel like it's some big in-joke that I'm just not getting,
like "shoddaywodday".

Now what's this, a Belle and Sebastian treasure hunt? David Moore why didn't
you tell us?!? I ventured to your K Watson link and stumbled upon the news.
http://www.belleandsebastian.co.uk/home/

Too much time on your hands?

There is to be a treasure hunt. In the cities of Edinburgh, Manchester and
London there will be hidden three trophies. If you find one of these
trophies, you and a friend will be able to come to whichever B&S British
show you want, all three if you so desire. And at one of the shows you can
come back and have a beer with us if you'd like, as well.

All you have to do is find one of the things! But I'm not going to make it
that easy. It's going to be a wee bit of a task, and your going to have to
know something about the city in which you are looking.

You are going to have to find letters. I will give you a clue as to the
location of each letter. When you have found them all, unscramble the
letters and get the final clue that ought to lead you to the loot!

More details, and the clues to follow in the next couple of weeks. I trust
there will be a few you that will make the effort. And I tell you this,
whoever finds the London one will really have to strain their brains! But
we'll see..

Stuart

I've always wanted to do a real one, even after reading Christopher Pike's
Scavenger Hunt! It all seems so fun and plus Struan is sounding all
mysterious and Willy Wonkaish. I love the suspense. Can't you just imagine
slightly evil oompa loompas in specially-fitted tiny cardigans escorting you
to a secret lair? Délicieux! The ultimate prize should be that after
resisting him for the whole day Struan and I dance that final pas de deux
between the nutcracker prince and the sugar plum fairy in The Nutcracker. It
could all be so beautiful.

Kisses,
Genevieve

p.s.
If anyone wants to mail me for fun their thoughts concerning the Yeats poem
"Leda and the Swan" feel free. I won't complain!