Sinister: a goodbye post, minus the usual angst

elise j. spry india_claire at xxx.com
Fri Feb 8 23:11:19 GMT 2002

Hey Everyone...
So this is it, hmmm?  A email inbox filled with 98
unread messages and a new job 'round the corner?
Sorry, please let me explain:
I've been getting more and more fed up with my Psych
Clinic job over the past few months, in no small way
because my email and internet have been pretty much
eliminated.  That resulted in the piling up of
approximately one billion Sinister posts and me losing
touch with a lot of e-friends.  I also started looking
for a new job (not just cause of the internet thing -
I'm not THAT much of a nerd!).  The first place I
applied to, I got the job - they'd called my home
phone to offer me the position while I was still in
their parking lot after the interview, wow!
So I just don't have time lately to feel like a real,
productive member of the community - and I don't want
to be a lurker, that's just not for me.  If I can't
give you lovely bunch my all, I'll not sit around with
my thumb up my ass, reading the few posts I get time
to look at and feeling like an outsider.
It's not like I'm dropping off the face of the earth -
you are all obviously looking at my email address
RIGHT NOW!  And you can hit the "save address" button
and then email me at ANY TIME!!  And of course I'll
write you back.
Well, Sinister-land has been really lovely and good to
me over these past few months.  I've met some amazing
people who I hope will still keep in touch with me...
Rachel Frootloop, Miss Stine, Kirsten Kenyon, Sean
Howell (mwah!), and all the rest of you I'm too damn
tired to mention.
I'm sure I'll be back someday.
And I'll see you guys on #sinister too, eh?
Wish me luck at my new job too...
Love you all,

Lisey