Sinister: I KNOW you like me.

Richard Gillanders r_gillanders at xxx.com
Sun Feb 10 01:32:51 GMT 2002

TYPICAL ME, TYPICAL ME, TYPICAL ME

I went to the big issue building on the south side of
glasgow last night.  the big issue=a magazine written
and sold by homeless or almost homeless people on the
streets around town.  basically.  there was an
exhibition of work by my year that was entered in a
homeless shelter design competition run by the
magazine.  and work from the third year from the
mackintosh school.  my whole year+tutors+year convener
walked down in the pouring rain.  there was free wine
and beer.  the top prize went to one of the guys in my
year that I like a lot.  and one of the two runner-up
prizes went to another kid I like from my school.  two
of my friends arrived late and a sooper-thug who was
at the reception wouldn't let them in.  I went down
stairs to go outside for a fag.  as will happen on
occasion.  I was outside with a glass of wine.
smoking.  and the two kids that were refused entry
came over and told me so.  I was a little drunk and
told them to come in with me.  I attempted to
re-enter.  the sooper-thug wasn't having it; I had
gone out; I don't get back in.  I tried to explain to
him that he was stupid.  but not so he knew it.  just
that we were there for a competition run by his
employers, that we shouldn't be refused.  he said he
didn't care.  and I believe he genuinely didn't.  the
guy that won the competition appeared at the door
inside.  he didn't come out.  I asked him to get my
bag [I wasn't even allowed inside to retrieve that].
I should have asked him to get our convener to come
and talk some sense to the guy.  but I didn't think of
it.  I was drunk, rite.  so.  I was a little cheeky to
the bloke.  but no more than he deserved.  we decided
to go to a pub and wait for the others to finish.  as
we walked past the reception I jumped up at the
window.  the guy had his back to me.  but.  I suspect
by way of some close-circuit televisual technology.
he were able to see me.  he ran out and wanted to be
having some sort of fite with me.  I tried again to
explain that he wasn't a very nice person.  he gave up
and left.  we went to a pub and I drank some more.
people started leaving.  we walked back by the
building.  I peeked in the door.  I was quite drunk by
this time and thought that I=clever.  or something.
so I SNAPPED the gonk wif my new camera.  he gave
chase!  I ran!  I tripped!  I fell...  I got scraped
and dislocated my knee.  the bloke showed none
compassion.  relieved me of my camera.  and left me.
he wanted the film from it or something.  but it's one
of these digital ones.  innit.  I think he stole one
of the batteries instead.  my convener got the camera
back from him.  I was drunk, yeah.  I hobbled to
another pub.  mistook gallacher and lyle for foster
and allen; big mistake.  hobbled back to my flat.
woke up this morning with rather different looking
knees.  one considerably more SWELLED than the other.
I got to go to a hospital and be x-rayed.  I have
crutches & shit.  I have dislocated or almost a few
times before.  but.  y'know.  it's inconvenient.

AND IF YOU THINK PEACE IS A COMMON GOAL
THAT GOES TO SHOW HOW LITTLE YOU KNOW

gilmer=gone shockah.  I doubt Jimmy could ever be Just
Jimmy.  he's so much more.  or something.  more like
Just William.  in my eyes.  he thinks he isn't famous.
 I don't blame him for having to just get out of this
town.  now.
he always has some sort of advice or insight to share.
 or something.  I always find myself disbelieving it
was actually all typed.  as there usually is an awful
lot.  not just a lot.  he has a vast number of
opinions too.  and isn't afraid to use them.  how I
love opinions.  how I love opinions?  rather a lot.
HAIL AND FAREWELL MONSIEUR GILMER.

elise j. spry seemed lovely.  I'm sure I will hear how
she is doing from time to time.  somehow.

as for my czech republic trip that I mentioned last
time.  and once before that.  I still don't know what
goes on.  perhaps a week tomorrow I'll be going.  if
I'm in any state to.  I met two kids from brno last
night.  if I don't get to go: belle and sebastian
concerts [sold out already?], ATP [sold out now?], a
new jim o'rourke album, a few others.  I wish I knew.
do we have any czechs on the list?  if not.  maybe we
should implement some.

mandee wright's last post got her two crush votes?
perhaps this will cost me two.

rachel playforth said "see you then!".  I don't think
she was talking to me.

I saw isobel campbell on buchanan street during the
week.  I think she saw me first though.  I told myself
I could follow her.  wherever she was going.  she was
probably telling herself the same thing.  about
herself.

I saw william salt leaving the grassmarket during the
week.  he was deep in thot.  didn't see me 'til I
shouted 'there is william salt!'.  he was polite.

'paisley' told me she won't post again until alasdair
cook does.  I'd like to resolve to do the same.

all my plans!  ruined!  or, at least, some of them!
messed up a bit!

love,
richard.
really.