Sinister: Riding in cars with exotic dancers......

aale002 at xxx.nz aale002 at xxx.nz
Tue Feb 12 09:05:42 GMT 2002

OK, so the girl is back.

Not THAT girl, the one I loved, but the other one.

The one I should have loved.

And I don't know how I feel.  I don't know how I SHOULD feel, either, but
that's a different issue.  It's not like emotions routinely come with moral
imperatives attatched.

I ran into a friend of mine the other day, while avoiding doing real work at
the library.  Tracey was the one that introduced Mel and I, and has been an
important part of both our lives.

Mel just got back from London a few weeks ago, and arrived here in Auckland
last week.  It took me a whole week from the time I saw Tracey until I had the
time to sit down and call her, and to find out that Mel wanted to catch up, but
hadn't left a pjone number for her new flat, just an address.  Seeing as it was
just around the corner from MY new flat, I decided, quite uncharacteristically,
to simple drop by, as I was in the neighbourhood.

Which is where I've just come from.  Hence my discombobulated state of mind.

I had been thinking about this all week.  Naturally, in the dark and musty
recesses of my loins dwelt a fantasy that we'd take one look at each other and
begin tearing clothes off in a fit of passion, but equally another more
pragmatic element of my physiology was muttering dire warnings that the
problems that had arised during our time together would not likely have been
dissolved by time.

As a compromise, my spleen decided that the best possible outcome was
contingent upon her having gained an enormous amount of weight, or suffered
some hideously disfiguring accident.

When she opened the door....you forget, I think.  As a defense mechanism, you
forget quite what those you once cared for look like.  This means that when you
see them again after such a long absence, it's like seeing them for the first
time.

Mel was even more beautiful than I remembered.  She'd lost a little weight, if
anything, that she'd been trying to lose when I knew her.  She looked
absolutely fantastic.

So, we spent an hour in the as-yet-unfurnished dining room, drinking coffee
and "catching up".  And then I left, and now....I really don't know.  I guess
you're not supposed to.

On to lighter things....last weekend some friends and I spent three days on
Waiheke Island, a 45 min ferry ride from Auckland.  Bunch of hippies live
there, basically, which is why we love the place.  Had intelligent discussions
about responsible statistics, racism and penis size; went to the nudey beach
and got burnt all over; had a magical night on the beach, almost ending in us
getting trapped by the tide, but actually ending in a nudey swim in the
phosphoresent water and a feast on the beach under the stars, complete with
bawdy folk songs.  Magic.

And I've officially become THE MOST PATHETIC PERSON ON SINISTER.  Last week I
signed up for one of those internet dating sites.  I don't know what more can
possibly be said about that.  Except it involved the aforementioned dancer, who
drove me around Auckland trying to figure out if I was her type or not.

I wasn't.

As an unintended consequence, I got a really good pic taken of me and
digitised, so I've sent it in to Honey.

Not that Sinister is a dating club.

Although I STILL haven't recieved a single list crush yet.

(Dirty Vicar Ian, you must lend me some of that cologne.  If it works for you,
maybe it'll work for me, too.....)

Speaking of list crushes (and to segue like Mel Torme) I got a Sillustration
done about me!

Well, me and Hannah Brown.

I feel so spesh.

Meery meet, merry part and merry meet again Sinistereens,

Cunning Andre