Sinister: storytelling and daydreaming

LilGrape25 at xxx.com LilGrape25 at xxx.com
Mon Feb 11 02:59:16 GMT 2002

Hello Sinister!

In my last post I wrote about vegetarian cheeseless sandwiches and got a whole gaggle of responses and suggestions.  Here is my improved list, for those of you who care:
peanut butter and/or jelly
fig paste
lettuce and/or onion and/or tomato
bananna with or without chocolate sauce
peanut butter and wheat germ
mustard
roast vegetables
Banana and peanut butter
french fries (been told you brits call this Chip Butty)
peanut butter and fluff
hummus with or without avocado
portebello mushroom with or without lettuce and tomato
peanut butter and honey
alfalfa sprouts
egg salad
vegitarian stuffing and cranberry sauce
mashed potatoes

yummy, eh?

I saw Storytelling yesterday.  And, sorry if I offend any of you, I thought it was AWFUL.  definately one of the worst movies I have ever seen.  It was so saturated with cliches of Audience Shockers that it seems almost impossible that the movie-makers would think that their movie shocked the audience.  Was the absolute predictability and uncreativity and inconsistancy of the plotline intentional?!  The Belle and Sebastin music was very good, though.  I can't decide if this made it worth seeing.

Jesse talked about his own daydreams, and I feel some connection to him (or in one case, you) on this matter.  I have very elaborate daydreams that are very rarely sexual.  Mine, though, take place in fictional places and involve people I know, people I made up and hybrids of the two.  I sometimes use some modification of myself as well, but rarely.  These fantasies are almost always about some sort of closed cummunity.  Special boarding schools mostly.  Sometimes Utopias.  I rarely start new ones, I haven't made a new one in years, but they sort of evolve...I mean, I've had these stories going for as long as I remember.  Some of them started as games I played with my dolls.  My favorites, right now, are one about a meticulously planned Utopia and all of the rules and regulations.  I go over the mapping of the town, the jobs, the system of money, the education system..down to meticulous details.  Where do children live when they are 1, 5, 10, 15?  How many in a room in a build!
ing, how many cafeterias? How many rooms per age group, then?  Where would a student go to school if they are artistically inclined but also headed towards a job in cummunity leadership?

My other favorite story, I think, is a little bit more complex and interesting.  I almost started writing it as a book, once, and so its got the closest thing to a plot line.  Its about this made up medical condition/conspiricy in which a person's physical and emotional wellbeing is connected to the tides and the moon.  That is, they have ups and down as the tides go in and out and the moon orbits, each day and month has its ups and downs.  A dozen people are born with it in a specific geographic region (conveniently all part of the USA) each year, and the affects start around the age of 12, at which point they are forced by law to go this retreat...this island..until they are 22.  The retreat's purpose is to teach the young people to control their dependancy, which can be dangerous if not controlled but very useful if understood.  Its run by the older people on the island-no one else is allowed.  Various stages of the story have involved them all having orgies during high tid!
e, or being really sick at New Moon, being telepathic, being really cultish and ritualistic, and all sorts of other things...

I wonder why I make these up, why I remember then.  Sometimes I spend whole days pretty much only thinking about them.  Sometimes I don't think about them for weeks.  I think they're really interesting, but why do they exist?

Well, I'd write something more relivant but I've got to go shower,

Love,

Rachel Grapenut