Sinister: Sometimes a subject line is just a subject line/unfashionhably petulant

grey7 at xxx.net grey7 at xxx.net
Mon Feb 11 21:16:43 GMT 2002

A HUCK FINN MOMENT

Boo!

I'm still alive...errr, actually, much to my suprise I found out I still
had access to my old email account, an account that has something like
three hundred unread Sinister posts on it because I never unsubbed when I
got my new email account.

WELCOME TO THE FILMHOUSE

Anywho, before I do the unsubscribe dance from this email addy, and close
it down so I don't have to worry about ever checking it again, I thought
I'd pass this on to anyone who hadn't seen it:

http://www.theonionavclub.com/

There's a fairly good interview with Todd Solondz up at the onion's AVclub
site, worth a look as he talks about Storytelling and his films in general.

I haven't seen Storytelling yet, but the reviews of it I've caught have
been fairly harsh.

MAGIC OF A KIND WORD

Gillanders = ace chap.

I'd already known that of course, but I'd thought I'd let everyone in on
it.

Thanks for the kind words, Richard, and do be careful on the crutches.
I've had to hobble about on those things before. Crutches = Not Fun.

Richard said;

"he has a vast number of opinions too.  and isn't afraid to use them"

...but at least I don't take my opinions very serious. I'm not sure if
it's a virture or a vice, but it at least keeps me from acting like a
petulant child.

He also said;

"I always find myself disbelieving it was actually all typed"

You should hear me talk; I'm amazed Elise can stand it sometimes :)

My Brain/Mouth filter was shorted out years ago by massive amounts of
caffine and sugar.

THE DEPARTMENT OF "WHAT WAS THE QUESTION?"

Errr...when did I become a supporter of causes? What causes? Shit, I
missed the memo again didn't I? There was a cause?

I just thought there was a mildly amusing post with a valid point about
stereotypical diehard indie fans.

Ah, well, that'll teach me to open my mouth. Once again we see the dangers
of taking things seriously.

Things like subject lines, for example.

ABSINTHE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER

I've been gone and back before, I may be again.

Until then; keep your powder dry, be Sinister (but kind), and whatever you
do:

DO NOT FEED THE DUCKS MEAT

Jim

"I haven't feel geeky or dumb since I was 17. I don't feel marginalised or
outmoded and neither should anyone else in this thriving, multiplex
society.When will successful, creative, intelligent people stop thinking of
themselves as childlike outsiders and start engaging with the real
high-stakes world? Wake up fanboy, wake up fangirl.
Don't you want to rule the world?" - Grant Morrison