No subject

Joey V Lawton deftones18 at xxx.com
Tue Feb 12 00:07:16 GMT 2002

hello there.
i'm new here and all of you popular kids seem to know each other already
so I decided to follow Oliver's example and talk about me for a while.
(disclaimer: please don't let me e-mail address throw you. i have no
current affiliation with or desire to listen to deftones. but i created
this e-mail account in junior high and i haven't had any drive to change
it.)
anyway, yes.
i am joey.
i live about 25 miles outside of boston, massachusettes, which is but a
hop, skip, and a twelve hour airplane ride from where the rest of you all
seem to reside in merry old england and the surrounding region.
i learn about you in world history.
you all live in castles and drink tea and wear red coats and have bad
teeth. . .
                and that's the american educational system for you.
sorry.
and it's now apparant that i'm in high school.

but yes, belle and sebastian.
i watched the cartoon on nickelodeon as a child and first heard the music
at the end of last summer and it seemed to be a bit perfect, so i decided
to like them.
they make me feel happy.
my friend laura describes good music as "music that makes you walk
differently" and when i walk and listen to belle and sebastian at the
same time, the walking becomes a strange kind of weightless sensuality
that doesn't take itself too seriously, but serious enough to remember to
move forward.
and it's brought me this far, so i can't complain.

i guess that's all.
the stearn little e-mail from honey that i got as an introduction told me
not to list favorites from various categories as it might hurt feelings
and wast time, so i won't.
but if i could, i would do it now.

somewhat sincerely,
joey