Sinister: dip your finger in and try my fiscal policies

Tim Hackett timothy at xxx.net
Tue Feb 12 17:29:11 GMT 2002

Hi.

Ages ago (last year now I think) Bapps called me a wanton lurker.
I like that, so it seems all wrong that i'm actually writing something cus
that might make me a wanton poster, which sounds like someone who has a
fetish about pillar boxes.  Which i haven't.  Honestly.

Anyway, being old fashioned and only having access to a telephone at the
time, I rang up the 'Belle and Sebastian ticket hotline' to get my tickets
for the brixton academy and things are progressing nicely until we come to
finalise the deal...

them: "that'll be 4.50 for postage"
me: "how much? can't you just use a first class stamp?"
them: "sorry sir, it's registered next day delivery"
me: "and what was the 2 pounds booking fee for then"
them: "thats for administration"
me: "grumble grumble moan unsubtle sigh of defeat etc. oh go on then"
them: "thankyou very much sir, the tickets will be with you in the next 28
days"
me: "but you've just screwed me for 4.50 for next day delivery, i want them
tomorrow not in 28 days"

and so it went on.  Now, I don't begrudge Belle and Sebastian their 17.50,
but it does seem a bit over the top for wayahead to charge you almost 40
percent of the ticket price just to get your hands on the tickets.
Nevermind eh.

Has anyone heard anything about support acts yet?  I hear that now H from
steps
has played eat my goal on sm:tv far too many times his diary is almost
empty...

Gina mentioned Dave Dee's Banana Warehouse, which just needs to be repeated
because it is such a good name even if the place is full of over priced
junk.  Talking of bananas, I went to the banana cabaret on friday night, in
london town, which was definitely a good thing (and it's nothing like the
banana cabaret in amsterdam before peoples smutty minds go into overdrive).

The Treasure Hunt sounds like great fun.  Brings back lots of memories of
keneth kendall and wincy willis helping a couple of OAP's guide anika rice
to the post office to collect their pensions for them...

Hope the york sinister massives feet aren't getting too wet.  I guess that
is why the university have put the hire rates of campus rooms up to 25 squid
a night - being on top of the hill it is one place in york thats not going
to flood.

right then, back to my stone,
tim.x

This email was bought to you with the letter P and the number 8