Sinister: Losing Keys is better than Losing Days or Friends

Sunny set sunnie_set at xxx.com
Tue Feb 12 22:08:20 GMT 2002

I was standing outside on a rainy grey day with large yellow leaves falling
all around me. Small pink leaves already lay on the ground. Rain was
beginning to soak through my coat and onto my skin. I checked my pockets a
couple of times before slamming the front door and committing myself to
leaving the house.

I often find myself checking and rechecking my pockets and purse. Partly
because I have tendency to be a bit absent minded but mostly because I have
a constant a feeling that I’m missing something.

The other day I was sitting on the train. Sat opposite me was a strange
looking man who I had a feeling could be a little bit like me. I was looking
out the window at a grey city. Watching as blood red burnt across the sky
seeping into the darkest and greyest of clouds. I tried to hold the image in
my head. Scared to forget the tiniest detail of the scene. Beautifully
poignant in it’s fragility.
And wondered about the thousands of people’s lives which I was passing. All
these people’s lives which I was missing out on.

Maybe that’s why I check my pockets and purse religiously. Or maybe its just
because I’m very forgetful.

Take Care
Rachel

PS Does anyone have spare London ticket they want to give/sell to me?