Sinister: They let Lisa go-go! (belle and sebby on american tv show)

Lee & Lisa leesa at xxx.com
Wed Feb 13 03:13:25 GMT 2002

Greetings and jumping up and down musically to all of you!
Prepare yerselves, there's content (shock! h!O!R!R!O!R! gasp!) afoot...

Tonight, on my half birthday mind you!, I was a'watchin' my very own
guiltiest of pleasures, the Gilmore Girls (for non US listees or anyone
really, it's a sitcom/drama about a 32 yr old single mom w/ a 16 yr old
daughter. The daughter's best friend has amazing muscial taste, and the show
in general has some of the most amazing and oblique references, musical and
otherwise.). When what do my wondering ears happen to hear? Said best friend
character (Lane's her name) requests the daughter Rory pick up the "new
Belle and Sebastian single" since she's been severely grounded by her strict
mama and can't venture out. Rory agrees, and they set up an elaborate ruse
whereby the single will be dropped into Lane's bag. During the manuever to
deliver the tape, "Legal Man" begins to play!! I was punching my fists in
the air and cackling loudly. Happy dancing didst ensue!

Last Saturday, my husband and I sojourned to the movie house (where those
wacky motion pictures do play) and saw "Storytelling". I am not ashamed to
say I whooped and clapped when "our" band's name came up during the credits.
I'm afraid the whooping and clapping stopped there, though. I liked "welcome
to the dollhouse". I can't abide "happiness" and I'm afraid storytelling
falls on the continuum closer to the latter than the former, in terms of my
enjoyment. I get annoyed when someone tries so hard to shock me. Sigh.
Solondz (the director) might've been trying to say something, but he was
barking up my tree rather too loudly. Although, I must say he has kickass
taste in soundtrack music! :)

I love you all dearly.
Thank you for playing.
get out of the office and into the sunshine...
Lisa from Texas!