Sinister: Tangentally yours

Madeleine McNeil mmcneil79 at xxx.com
Thu Feb 14 08:36:35 GMT 2002

I suppose I should report back and all that, but I'm not in the mood to
write an epic of what we did. Suffice to say, I had a wonderful time in
Brighton, and in London - oh! and in Leicester the week before with Stacey
visiting me.

I had fun so enthusiastically that I did myself a mischief on a spinny round
fairground ride with arms (I'm sure this isn't its real name. It's probably
called something like "Scream if you hate this ride and I'll ignore you and
make it fo faster"). I pulled muscles I didn't know I had while holding on
tightly and trying to prevent myself throwing my entire body weight at Liz
Daplyn. Didn't work, so I imagine I did her a mischief too. And Liz is a
classy bird. She has a leather CORSAGE on her coat! Foxy, indeed.

In Brighton, Archel was the hostess with the mostest. In London, Paul and
Nicholas were the hosts with the mosts. In his CAR between Leicester and
London, David Starfire was the host with the filthiest mouth and the most
sugary snacks. I never knew tackling frogs could be so much fun.

I was very taken with Brighton, even in the freezing cold wind. We arrived
just in time to the the most gorgeous sunset, and I'm afraid I got so hugley
excited I started heavy breathing. This was unfortunate, but at least I
didn't start bawling like I did last time I saw the sea.

I couldn't sleep last night, and I wrote this post in my head. It was very
good, you know. A bit tangenty and stuff, but I really rather like that. I
always write good stuff in my head. Sometimes I make music videos too. I
think I read somewhere once that Julian Cope told Courtney Love, way back in
like 1979, to live her life like she's in a music video (this may be
incorrect, but even if I made it up, isn't not a crime, right?) and I found
that idea really interesting. I also cursed Julian Cope, because it would
appear that he's at least partly responsible for That Woman. My favourite
time of imagining I was in a music video was when I went out with Sexy Susan
and the loved one and we were in a music video for 'Bootylicious". And Susan
and the Loved One didn't even know! They did very well regardless.

For Valentine's Day I got a lovely hand made card from the Loved One and a
new zit from the Acne God (he visits me, leaves bacteria on my chin and TCP
on my pillow), which is busy making friends with the last 3 offerings from
the spot-giving deity.

Props and big up yourselves to all the good people I met this weekend. I
could get into this jetset thing, you know. Today Leicester, tomorrow THE
WORLD (or rather, BIRMINGHAM. I'm going on an away day to a new city for
shopping. I hope I don't throw a tanty in Top Shop again because nothing
ever fits me! Grrrrrr!)

Happy Valentines, lovers. Kiss your reflections.

Madeleine