Sinister: I'm not as sad as Doestoevsky...i'm happier than J.K. Rowling on a trip to the bank

Tom Pettinger tompettinger at xxx.uk
Thu Feb 14 12:08:23 GMT 2002

Hello, Sinister.

Hope you had a lovely pancake day with lots of lemon, sugar and pouring
syrup, I trust you have all given up list abuse for lent, and today I hope
you are having a lovely Valentines Day!

I was pleased to see not one but *two* parcels come through the door of my
house today, one bigger and brown and the other smaller with sweet little
stars on. I started to scream with excitement and then remembered what they
were...and started to scream louder.

"YES! My double-sport lemon spanner has arrived, on the same day as
Scalextric Monthly!"
No, wait, a double sport lemon spanner is nowhere near that shape...
Tape& minidisc!
So thanks to my two lovely girls and their musical offerings, I'm sure
you're far too modest to want me to name you.

OK, it's only fair...thankyou:
!GRAINNE! !GRAINNE! !GRAINNE! !GRAINNE! !GRAINNE!
and
!ARCHEL! !ARCHEL! !ARCHEL! !ARCHEL! !ARCHEL!

It's not quite "your name in lights" but hey, you're not stars yet.

I thought it was quite ironic, getting two packages (one with little stars,
don't forget), both from lovely ladies, on Valentines day... but still not
*actually* getting a valentines card.

Ironic, also very funny. So I hope the two ladies in question don't mind if
I tell ALL my friends that I received two parcels from nice young women
today, maybe omitting to tell them the whole, unadulterated truth.

On another Valentines day note, did anyone watch the BBC dramatisation of
"Crime and Punishment"? If you did, I know what you're thinking, but I
thought it was quite well done. Apart from the worst performance to date
from the actor who played "the best friend" guy (I forget his name).

That's me for today.

Take care
Tom

P.S. Storytelling: haven't seen it because I can't find anywhere showing it.
The main "arty" cinema in Sheffield says it's been and gone, but people
still seem to be seeing it elsewhere in England. Most of you who have seen
it have compared it most readily to some form of shit, a shame because the
synopsis looked quite promising.