Sinister: I hope my kids turn out like the Baudelaires - except for the being orphans bit

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Thu Feb 14 13:47:24 GMT 2002

...but then my desire to have kids anytime soon is
roughly zero.  Happily that's proportional to the
likelyhood.

Hi-diddly-ho Sinisterinos!

Well, the washing machine's fixed, the downstairs
neighbours have their electricity back and the damp
smell's gone out of the carpet so I can get back to
wasting time on mailing-lists.

Those of you who read my posts or are privy to my
drunken murmurings will know that, through blind luck,
I have come into possession of some 'art'.  After an
awkward journey with an unruly portfolio through a
rain-sodden London, the 'art' is now in my home.  Very
pretty it is too although I'm not quite sure what it's
meant to be of.

Liz (Lovely) Daplyn seemed to think I found her stares
offensive.  Sorry if I gave that impression but it was
unintentional and alcohol-fuelled.  Much like a number
of my posts.

Hannah asked:
"How was everyone's pancake day??"

Bluddy grate, thank you for asking.  My friends who
cooked the pancakes had a knack for making them
slightly too thick so I only managed four in addition
all the booze I drank that evening as well.  I looked
up the word 'shrove'.  It has nothing to do with
pancakes.

Hannah also mentioned:
"Ken's Fish Bar"

There's already a Ken's Kebabs and a Ken's Fried
Chicken round the corner from me.  With a fast-food
empire like that he should be able to afford his own
DDR machine....  No wonder he's so damn good!

On the way home from London I read The Bad Beginning
of A Series Of Unfortunate Events (kids' books are
great for train journeys).  It had me gripped - I was
a fan of Roald Dahl as a nipper so I think childrens
books shouldn't pull punches.  I wish I had the
attention span of Klaus at his age - I might have been
much clevererer by now.

With all due respect

Robster
http://robster75.tripod.com