Sinister: Potatoes

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Fri Feb 15 13:54:50 GMT 2002

Hello!

While we were waiting at the traffic lights this morning I looked over at
the driver of the car beside us and saw that instead of having his hands on
the steering wheel he was hitting the wheel with a couple of drumsticks.
Either he was getting a bit of practice in before his drum lessons that
afternoon or he was driving a drum powered car. Steering wheel - snare drum.
Indicators - hi hat!

There^Òs an interesting piece on the Matador website
http://www.matadorrecords.com/news/index.html about the new album, as well
as a hint it might be released in May. Amazon seem to think so too. So,
that^Òs Early Spring, then.

I^Òve been away for a while, as you might have seen, and I was a bit annoyed
not to be able to make it to Brighton, but you see I had to go to my
Birthday Party! I thought it would be a bit rude if I didn^Òt turn up for
that.

Then I went home for a few days to see my family but the only presents ones
I got were;

1) A Mr Friendly (http://www.mrfriendly.co.jp ) exercise book from my
sister, with the quite honestly disturbing slogan - ^ÓMr Friendly - he steals
into your mind to help you to a good situation^Ô.

2) A sack of potatoes, a book on how to grow potatoes, a garden fork and a
trowel from my mum and dad so I can ^Ógrow some potatoes^Ô. When I was nine I
got a new bike for my birthday, who^Òd have thought it would come to this?

And that was it. Oh well. We went to see my grandad too and had the
traditional pleasure of watching telly with subtitles. They^Òre really funny
sometimes and make even the most boring programmes seem exciting. The news
is the best, cos there^Òs someone somewhere typing really quickly to get the
words onto the screen in time. So they always miss out the big words and
spell lots of thing wrong. For a local news item about an old woman whose
house had fallen down an old mine shaft the subtitle was simply;

^ÓIt was me savings!^Ô

Hmm.

Brake - bass pedal!

I^Òm going to spend the weekend buying a new record player, to finally
replace the one I accidentally melted in the oven, and digging up the back
garden so I can plant my potatoes. There^Òs an alsatian buried in there
somewhere. I^Òll have to be careful.

Oh my god! Mr Friendly has stolen into my mind!!

Robin x