Sinister: B & S PLAY DUBLIN....

trish delish brazilp at xxx.ie
Fri Feb 15 14:24:42 GMT 2002

i hope!

ooh, that's just plain naughty, isn't it? in fact, i may just deserve a good
spanking (oo-er!)

my reason for posting today is to do with the fact that i was out last night,
and to the type of place/people that were there. it was in fact the 2nd
birthday of dublin's "best" indie club, on thursdays, called screamdelica.
what a strange night...

i may be 21, and think myself young and not too out of things (spot the
wishful thinking!) but i really had my eyes opened last night. since when is
hairy back in style??  last night i saw people with the hairiest faces (think
sideburns-goatee-tash combo, wouldn't recommend it) and as for the hairdo's
themselves....i seem to have entirely missed the resurrection of the mullet,
but dublin's cool-as-fuck indie kids are obviously showing the way forward. me
and my 3 mates seemed to be the only twee-as-fuck people present, i don't
think we went down very well

mind you, for all their hair and stylee stuff, they let themselves down on the
dancefloor, that's for sure. the music in TBMC can be fairly dodgy, with muso
dj's playing the most obscure bsides to the most obscure tracks from the last
10 years, so i am accustomed to some fairly dodgy tunes. but i had to be
picked up off the floor when, mid rock out set, the floor went crazy to the
sound of....

meatloaf.

MEATLOAF??!!!

AND THEY LOVED IT!!! a pure rock out moment, and when it finished they
screamed out for more. i thought maybe i had wandered through a time/taste
warp, but apparently not

so, i guess the moral of the story is, just because you have a mullet, doesn't
make you cool

(though i think i knew that anyway)

i'm off to grow my own 80's do, wish me luck!
trish delish

ps apologies to any members of the list who strive to keep the mullet alive