Sinister: The Boys Are Back In Town!

Genevieve Wesley jiffy_popper at xxx.com
Fri Feb 15 19:13:43 GMT 2002

Dear Sinister,

Oh my! Joy Joy Joy! It has been so many years of waiting but finally
patience will be rewarded and I will get to see Belle and Sebastian. I got
my tickets for Detroit and Chicago and now I'm just waiting for this Toronto
show. KOOL HAUS - I don't understand! On Ticketmaster.ca there is no B&S
event listed for the Kool Haus. Are other people getting this? Toronto will
finally be revisited. This is so funny, I am getting a flood of memories
now. I remember threatening my mother that I would run away to Toronto to
see them a few years ago and then it never even happened. I would've looked
so silly. I'm so excited, I don't know where to start!? Is there going to be
a Sinister MidWest meet up? I am imagining our very own B&S Crossroads. The
girls can get together and braid each other's hair before the show in a
giggle-fest of delicious anticipation. Struan, Struan, Struan! But yes,
maybe if there is a meet-up we can help each other out driving to various
cities, offering floor space, accompany each other while hitching rides,
etc. What of our friends in Montreal? Some of you must be going. I have
relatives in Detroit so maybe I can help some people out. Will May ever
arrive? I'm already very hyper, this can't be healthy for prolonged lengths
of time. My leg won't stop shaking, I'm like Thumper! I haven't been to a
concert since 1999. Parents would drive me out to the Big City (Ha!) of
Ottawa and I'd sit out on the concrete steps for ages in the lovely early
summer weather just hoping to catch a glimpse of that tour bus, oh those
were the days. The May 10th date is very interesting (for me), because on
that same day in 1997 I stumbled into my then love-object Brett Anderson
(hee hee, seems so silly now) at an A&W. It is a lucky day! They should do
some fabulous Motown cover when in Detroit. Yeah yeah yeah right here in my
heart it's like a Heatwave. Or maybe This Old Heart of Mine. I would die!

So, my departure for Scotland is going to be pushed back to May now. I fear
I'll never have this opportunity again you know and I must take advantage. I
actually am in need of a little bit of help. I am very probably going to be
an au-pair over there and will be living with the family, but after that I
will need to find somewhere to live. Where is the best place to look for
that? Is there certain Scottish websites or newspapers that are better than
others? I would appreciate any suggestions or helpful advice.

I have to go to and serve lattes now to weirdos, how terribly anticlimactic.

Too Much Love,
Genevieve

p.s.
So Toronto-Detroit-Chicago people, email me if there are any meet ups or
carpools planned. xoxoxo