Sinister: I don't want someone special; I just want someone

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Sat Feb 16 16:20:34 GMT 2002

This is dedicated to that Greek girl named Zoe
who brought to Sinister her stricken tales of woe
of all the loneliness on this list she has felt
with the sucky geography hand she's been dealt.
Of course, I don't share this opinion of chagrin
Nor do I have trouble keeping my feelings in
Here, you might end up with your dream or an aged wife
But when I consider myself and my life
I just can't help but think that without a doubt
there's no fence high enough to keep you damn phreaks out.

And I wonder why I haven't been appointed Sinister's poet laureate yet!
Y'all know you love me! (or at least you say you will after you realize what
I can do with incriminating pictures of you with that joystick.)

I remember the last post I read from Peter Miller mentioned that he might be
leaving the list. This was an OBVIOUS desperate plea to me since the last
time he left I wrote an ode to him which I'm sure brought tears to many an
eye. Oh Petre darling there's no need to resort to such antics. Why I'm full
of it (erh poetry) for you anytime!

Want to hear something weird?
The hair on your back looks like Walter Brimmley's beard
Too bad it's not on your head
Enough said.

We could even do a compilation especially for you, my little pigsnie.  I've
always been fond of the idea of collecting them in a deluxe, leather-bound,
limited edition. Maybe an audiotaped version where you get a famous actor to
read it, like Charlton Heston, or Tim Curry or Rich Little doing an
impression of Tattoo from Fantasy Island....

Thinking of books (and when am I not?), there has been lots of talk about
Perks Of Being A Wallflower on the list. Of those of you familiar with both,
am I the only one who thinks Camera Obscura's 80s Fan is the perfect
companion song to the book? The more I think about it the more I think that
I'm absolutely love the idea. I was going to think of more companion songs
but the next song that came on the mix was Ladytron's Playgirl and the last
thing I needed to ponder over was what fit the lyric "sleep your way out of
your hometown." Though as long as it isn't my diary, I suppose I'm not too
worried. Along the lines of dark witty teen novels, I highly recommend The
Basic Eight.

I've heard that after ticketmaster charges that the price for NYC tickets
came up to $37. Now before I get a ton of "there's eight people in the band"
and "they're playing bigger venues now" as reasons for the cost, spare me.
It's not that I don't understand WHY they're that much it's just that I
don't know if they're worth it to me. I'm going to the Atlanta show and I'm
going to be in NYC on May 5th so I still might go to both though I'm
undecided. For that atlanta show, perhaps there could be a southern sinister
picnic. I would certainly hope that it'd involve a lot of Pabst Blue Ribbon
and quoting of David Lynch ("Heineken? Fuck that foreign shit! Pabst Blue
Ribbon!!") Of course, that's just melding what I know of the the only two
southern listees that I know in real life (one of them being me).

Ok, I'm off to clean as I have a houseguest coming to see me. Thankfully,
we're going to go on a roadtrip up north (as they've never been to the
northeast US) so they won't have time to realize that I only shoved
everything into the closet or under the bed. However, I don't know about
these people. I mean to actually spend money to fly out here to see me -
without any pretenses of coming here for any other reason. I don't know if
I'm more concerned about them & their mental health or me for being friends
with people like that. I haven't seen her in two years and I'm worried we
won't get along, or we won't have anything to talk about, or I'll have
trouble disposing of her body by myself. All of the usual concerns one has
with visitors, I suppose.

    Forever yours,
(or till supplies last)

Laura
'meeting all of your Laura Llew needs since 1977'

PS - Happy Birthday (it's tomorrow!) Shouts out to my best friend, Maddie,
who I talk about you 24/7. Mwah!

PPS - Random Lip Boy: the husband ran off with the car and the money. I have
something to send you (not the french chambermaid - he ran off with her too)
but don't know if I have the right address to send it to. Help!