Sinister: i can smell the coffee, why can't you?

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 18 14:48:21 GMT 2002

well, the university network is down AGAIN.  am compelled to type random
sentences... may self-destruct with boredom otherwise.

ian (or was it st peter?) wrote:

as the buddha once said
"fuck me with a long hot baguette, i'm buggered if i know what's going
on".

which sums it all up really.  i'm reading 'zen and the art of motorcycle
maintenance' at the moment, which means that i can be found sitting lost
in thought on the train every morning with a furrow as deep as the grand
canyon between my brows.

is it, i wonder, possible to STOP THINKING?  i know hannah brown was
going to give it up for lent - let me know how you manage hannah.

i'm sure there's an interesting zen point to be made about the process
of trying to obtain belle and sebastian tickets.  it stands to reason
that something so complicated must contain the meaning of the universe
within it somewhere.  personally, i decided to prove to myself that i am
not a sad obsessed fan by, er, not buying a ticket.  didn't work - now
i'm just a sad, obsessed, GRUMPY fan who's £20 better off.  i just
noticed, however, that i've got a whole WEEK AND A HALF off work at
easter, and have formulated a vague plan to head up to scotland, whore
myself around glasgow a bit, and then somehow acquire a ticket for
edinburgh.  whaddya think?

the lovely featherboa made me feel less alone in my phone phobia, which
was nice.  i wonder if imagining the person on the end of the line naked
works?  or would it just make it much worse?

toy stephen, the word is palindrome.  the first words spoken by a human
were in fact palindromic: 'madam, i'm adam'.  (this is the kind of
pointless game that keeps me busy for hours on end.  i spent all morning
(in a break from zen) doing cryptic crosswords and listening to a
programme about whether pontius pilate really said 'what is truth'?  not
the best way to switch my mind off perhaps...)

last night i did relax properly, or tried to, by putting one of those
fizzy balls in a hot bath.  but what they don't tell you is that as it
dissolves it releases loads of petals and shit into the water, so you
can't relax fully because you're worrying about how you're going to get
all this floating matter out of the plughole later...

sometimes i think i have enough free-floating anxiety to power a small
country.

luv archel xxx

Visit www.buzzwords.ndo.co.uk for the best new writing on the web.
Email submissions to buzzwords at bigfoot.com