Sinister: stop apologising for the things you've never done

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Tue Feb 19 15:26:26 GMT 2002

matt henderson talked of eighties love song mixes.  just this very
morning i kickstarted my old walkman (sadly neglected since the advent
of the minidisc) and cranked my very own eighties mix up to the max.
it's a heady combination of cheese and quality, from madonna to
morrissey, bananarama to the bangles.  just the intros to some of these
songs make me happy.  there is really NO nineties/noughties song that
can get me smiling and jigging like 'love in the first degree' or 'town
called malice'.  tragic really...

speaking of which, i think we should all club together and buy ken a
copy of the playstation (formerly dreamcast) game 'space channel 5',
where you shake your booty as you report on world events and kill aliens
using only your DANCING skills.

wow, amazing that i can still be so utterly frivolous on sinister even
when privately grappling with the meaning of life.  i wish i could write
posts like lindsey's and bron's...

cheating though it is to express your own opinions through the words of
others, this passage struck a chord somewhere:

"The allegory of a physical mountain for the spiritual one that stands
between each soul and its goal is an easy and natural one to make.  Like
those in the valley behind us, most people stand in sight of the
spiritual mountains all their lives and never enter them, being content
to listen to others who have been there and thus avoid the hardships.
Some travel into the mountains accompanied by experienced guides who
know the best and least dangerous routes by which they arive at their
destination.  Still others, inexperienced and untrusting, attempt to
make their own route.  Few of these are successful, but occasionally
some, by sheer will and luck and grace, do make it.  Once there they
become more aware than any of the others that there's no single or fixed
number of routes.  There are as many routes as there are individual
souls."

i think it might be really cheesy, actually, but i like it.

luv archel xxx

ps. i originally resurrected my walkman so i could listen to the
tapetastic sounds i recently acquired courtesy of corduroy tom and asm
walton - thanks again you LOVELY BOYS!

Visit www.buzzwords.ndo.co.uk for the best new writing on the web.
Email submissions to buzzwords at bigfoot.com