Sinister: space channel 5, shoot shoot shoot!

Robyn Fadden rfadden at xxx.com
Tue Feb 19 19:28:30 GMT 2002

wha! not that there was ever any doubt, but simply by mentioning
'space channel 5', archel is a confirmed *rad* person. this game is
so great! i particularly like the space channel 5 girl's voice -
'shoot' 'shoot' 'shoot'! and the way she walks. in heels. which is a
necessary part of fighting aliens with dancing skilz. i always wear
my stilletos in such situations.

then archel quoted something about spiritual mountains. i too know
these things are cheesy, but i need to hear/read them often so i
don't forget what life is about. it's too easy to become complacent.
i know a lot of people complain about the olympics, but while i find
the hype unbearable, i really like watching the events, knowing how
hard these people worked and how it's possible to do what you love.
and the variety of backgrounds the athletes come from. i don't know,
i just get this sense of possibility from the whole thing, despite
the competitiveness. it must be my cheesy canadian defense mechanism
- 'yeah, so we only won 8 medals. it's not about that, people! it's
about *so much more*!' erm.

good things as of late:
- dan-d-pak sesame crackers (as of 5 minutes ago when i ate one).
- four tet (his album 'pause'. it even has the voices of children at
play on it, which reminds me of some other band...)
- 'indiana jones and the temple of doom' on tv last night. i call for
a resurgence of the 1930s adventure movie! with silly lines of
bravado! and perfect hair! and real sets!
- getting cast off broken wrist. wrist not being broken anymore. the
fun that was a sunday of snowboarding! with wristguards!

warnings:
- i am coming to england in may! watch out.
- i am working on a website that will change everything. or just be
something fun. address to be posted once ass in gear.
- rob/y/i/n/s mixtape! watch out.

thanks, sinisters, for being a source of wit, smut and mental
stimulation. also, i bet if you harnessed the free-floating anxiety
of this list, you really would be able to power a small country. and
we would call it 'sinisterland' and it would be fun and all our
worries would be forgotten because they'd be too busy making power.
and i mean this in the nicest way :)
robyn

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC