Sinister: The early bird might get the worm, but the early worm gets eaten.

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 20 12:58:12 GMT 2002

I had a brush with the law at the weekend. And I hadn't even done anything
wrong. They decided to stop me because they thought my car might have been
stolen. Apparently the reason we looked suspicious was because:
a) we were in a dodgy area of Leeds - 2 minutes walk from the bus station
b) there were 5 young people in the car
c) we were driving round looking a bit lost.

Well, we were in the dodgy area to pick someone up to go to a volleyall
tournament; that's why there were 5 people in the car; and the reason we
were looking a bit lost was because we were lost. And, thanks to the police,
late as well. In the end, all I had to do was take my driving licence to a
police station within 7 days, since I didn't have it with me (you don't have
to have it with you in the UK). All added up, a couple of hours wasted just
because the police have to stop a certain number of people each day to get
their numbers up.

I tried to see their point of view, I really did. Before you criticise
someone, walk a mile in their shoes. that way, you're a mile away from them
and you've got their shoes.

Really, all the time I was just trying to be as polite as possible so they
didn't breathalyse me after my night out the previous night...

Still, not a complete waste of a weekend, since we had a good night out, a
fact which had absolutely nothing to do with the abundance of good looking
women around Leeds Met Uni on a Saturday night. Because I'm not that
shallow. No, really. Personality is far more important. It's just that a
person's face can say so much about them. Especially the mouth.

In three months' time, I'll be in Honduras. I might have something vaguely
interesting to write about then. But don't hold your breath.

Big Stu

Today's top tip: Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.