Sinister: I'm Wa-Ken up to Posts

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 20 21:00:41 GMT 2002

I need some posts to bring some joy and something to
do
I am a man who's neither rich nor obviously cool
You know I love you, that's no irony
I read you every day, in fact
I love your free-floating anxiety
You like Struan and you like
Mick, Stevie and Chris
Bob, Sarah, Bel
And Richard, too
Thank god I'm waking up to posts
I'm a disaster
I want to meet you all
'Cause you love music and you move me when
You talk about your lives

They are the best band in my life, I hope that they
    know
And if I look like death today
It's 'cos I'm hungover
I never wanted to do harm to me
I only wanted, once, to see
The beauty of the world of Sinister
And when I stumbled up the hill
I drank too much
The day was gone
I saw a guy
Who takes the prize for DDR, he really showed me
Digging all the puns
I felt much older
The swearing and the smut
It made this old man smile
That night I saw them live

(Instrumental - mainly strings and woodwind)

Honey's the one love of our lives
She showed us the rules
I love your Splat and Sadie's gaze, oh list never
close
(list never close, list never close)
I really should wish all the best to you
I hope you never go away
When we grow up we lose a part of us
But we still wonder at great songs
Music can change you and that's why
I'll never be the same person
At work I can't contain my boredom anymore
But lucky for me you are still around
My boredom turns to laughter and to love
When all your words arrive
When all your words arrive

With all necessary apologies

Robster