Sinister: p.s.

sophia katrina sophiakatrina at xxx.com
Sun Feb 24 04:50:02 GMT 2002

day two of a hideous hangover...

on friday night i picked up the phone and called london. no, said the woman,
we don't have you on our list of interviewees. thanks for checking, i said.
i'm sorry, she said, and i'm sure she was. i wanted to say that it was the
best news i'd heard all day but she might have taken it badly.

i put on my best 60s op art skirt and diamante earrings and left for the
party. outside, the wind was blowing off the bay and i could taste salt in
my  mouth. i could smell rain.

at the tram stop a cricket was singing very loudly. near the plant where the
cricket was hiding were two syringes. they had been plunged considerately
into the earth so no one would prick their fingers on them. they looked as
though they were about to flower.

i feel as though i've been granted a stay of execution. an absolution.

sophia