Sinister: Fanzines, Utterances, Cigarettes, Ken.

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Sun Feb 24 22:48:59 GMT 2002

well, hello!

Fancy seeing you here, long time since I've posted.
I'm about to Finish working this Friday for the
Financial services company I've been with For the past
six months. I've become chummy with the IT bloke, and
tried to convince him to get "Take your carriage clock
and shove it" as the phone thing when you know, people
are waiting for the phone, and they go on hold. The
hold music, I think its called. But it didn't work. ho
well.

UsUally I come home from work and fall asleep for a
few hoUrs. But I've been making an effort and going on
sinister chat. we have sUch smUtty fUn. Its not big,
its not clever, bUt it makes me laUgh. Ken will be
Upset I'm sUre saying its not big. oops.

Cigarettes have found their sneaky way baCk into my
mouth again. I don't know why or how, just one day, I
was sitting there, and boof, there was a Ciggie
hanging from my lip. Never leave your lips unattended.
I've also deCided to Continue writing my fanzine. I
was going to throw it all in and Concerntrate on
sleeping, but I got an interview out of Camera
ObsCuras Gav, so thats inspired me. Its hard you know,
keeping it going. I mean, SCotland has a handful of
good fanzines already. and when theres this slight
deterioration in the interest in the loCal sCene, how
Can anyone keep it alive? its tough work you know.

Knowing though, that there is very little in the
mainstream publications for people liKe me, helps. I
mean, all I have to do is picK up a copy of the NME
and froth at the mouth at how rubbish it is. And when
its got Kylie on the cover, you Know that there is no
hope of them actually having some unKnown talent
between the pages. Lets face it, there is no
competition for indie fanzines. The NME is not an
indie/underground/alternative publication. Its like
being little saplings in a big forest. And theres a
huge gap in the folliage above. The toughest bit, is
Keeping up the determination, and just worKing away,
and loosing money.

Maybe you agree with Me.

Enough alrEady.

love,