Sinister: There's actually some content in this one. But it's not my fault.

david hewitt stankin_cooter at xxx.com
Mon Feb 25 01:16:53 GMT 2002

G'day Sinister:

You might remember me from such emails as "Interminable Diary Post: Part
XXIV" and "Quarter-Arsed Attempt to Make Myself Seem Witty and Interesting".
But fear not! I'm merely popping my head in the door to hand-deliver a
message from unquestionably our most sorely missed listee. Here it is:

Good morning sinisterines, it's been a long time since I've spoken to you.
The reason for this is mainly that the email address I was subscribed with
disappeared, a sad prisoner of a server moving war.  I hold out hope that it
will be found alive, but it isn't looking good for jules at inebriated.cx.  How
sad, I was the only one subscribed to the list from Christmas Island.
Anyway, the point of this  post is that there's a Belle & Sebastian show in
New York in May, and I think that calls for a picnic.  After all, there will
be several people from #sinister who will be in town that I've not met
before, and I trust there will be several from the list too.  I'd like to
meet you.  Besides, those Chicago kids are having a meetup and I'm jealous.
Now, I need your opinion.  My first instinct was to keep it in Central Park,
but I do realize that this is inconvenient on a number of fronts.  Prospect
Park in Brooklyn has been suggested, due to 1) ability to place soccer there
and 2) proximity to O'Connor's, a lovely bar, in the case of rain.  Also,
there is East River Park.  Or some other park.  My guess is that none of you
will have an opinion, but as a hostess with the mostess it behooves me to
try to get as many people to this damned picnic as possible.  So if you're
going to be in New York May 5 (for the show) and want to meet some truly
lovely sinister people (myself included, but some even lovelier) and would
like to meet up before the show, please email me and express an opinion on
this mundane nitpicky matter!  It's more than two months from the picnic,
why am I stressing?  Well I want everyone to be happy.  Yes, I do.  Please,
email me at jules910 at hotmail.com, and thank you for your attention.  Rock
on.  xoxo Julie

Oh, and I should add that it looks like I'll be able to be there myself, but
don't let that put you off. I can certainly vouch for the loveliness of many
of the local SiniSTARs you'll meet, and I'm very much looking forward to
meeting YOU as well. I won't even bitch behind your back about that daft
looking haircut, I promise. Well, not too much. What were you thinking,
anyway?

I'll be the mysterious stranger to whom you find yourself strangely
attracted. Or the sweary drunken guy you're slightly embarrassed by. I can
never remember which. Maybe I'll wear a badge of some kind.

Bulk love,
    -David.