Sinister: Ankle-deep in clover, summer must be over

MyMomSays at xxx.com MyMomSays at xxx.com
Mon Feb 25 04:40:59 GMT 2002

9:30 PM                                  Sunday
    I think it's an absolute must for an e-mail to begin with the time and date, and both of those can either be done as I've done above, or they can be written out dramatically--such as, "Dearest listees, it's 9:30 at night and I'm pondering this Sunday that's coming to an inevitable end."  Well, I opted for the former simply because I'm not feeling very dramatic. In fact, I am feeling quite goofy and fun.  Most of this is attributed to the fact that I just saw "Queen of the Damned" and am pretty excited that it was the Goth movie that was made for my 14 year-old self.  The 1994 in me is just screaming with excitement over such a film, and I feel like going back and seeing it again.. I didn't get enough of the pasty-faces and black fishnetting.
    This was going to be a Richard J. Gillanders appreciation post, but since he won't even get to see it, I don't think I'll bother.  But, ol Richie, he's off to Brno and he's a good chap.
    Instead of a Richard J. Gillanders appreciation post, I'll make this a Richard Pryor appreciation post.  This is somewhat in honor of Richard J. Gillanders seeing as Richard Pryor is his priority.  And they are best friends in real life.  And Richard J. Gillanders also informed me once that "Brewster's Millions" is available on DVD for a mere ten quid! Well, translating that into dollars, that ain't such a good deal - but when taking into account the hilarity of goofy ol' Pryor, I think it's quite worth it! Actually, while scanning the selection at the local Blockbuster Video the other day, I noticed nearly all of the Pryor selected had been confiscated.  Had Gillanders snuck into my Blockbuster and raided the selection? "Brewster's Millions" was checked out. So was "See no evil, hear no evil."  So was the Richard Pyror stand-up video! I turned to Eddie Murphy, looking for a shoulder to cry on.  Beverly Hills Cop I, II, and III were checked out.  I settled for "The Golden !
Child."
   So, according to Neil Robertson, B&S are doing an American tour of sorts! Maybe I'll turn up at the Chicago gig, wearing shades and a wig. This ain't a promise.  Although, the shades and wig are definitely a promise.  I do not go anywhere at least without my sunglasses.. because, and I've asked a lot of people about this and they've whole-heartedly agreed, shades are the ultimate of status symbols.  It doesn't matter if its sunny out--I wear my sunglasses at night, and indoors, much like a Mr. Hart would approve of.  But glamour simply cannot rise out of someone unless they are silently judging you from behind sunglasses! And I feel much more confident and snotty when I don't have to make eye-contact.
    But, taking this into account, I saw "Storytelling" and I just wasn't convinced Scooby was a B&S fan.  I wasn't such a fan of the movie, either.  Although, now that I am thinking about it, it's making me giggle--in particular, the documentarian and his narration of his film. And Scooby. And the little kid. And Consuelo. But while I was watching it I thought "Gak! This is abysmal!"  Later, it gets better. The movie is only good after it's over.
    "Queen of the Damned" only gets better and better.
    Well, Sinister, time for me to leave the computer lab and cozy up in my Pound Puppies pajamas.

Love,
Mandee!