Sinister: frosty love

Bron elf-angel at xxx.com
Tue Feb 26 02:49:09 GMT 2002

this evening it's snowing.  usually, i hate the
snow.  but it's not bad, not this time.  i
walked in it tonight.  i strolled actually.  i
smiled and felt bad for all those people driving
cars...because they had no idea what they were
missing out on in the fresh open nighttime air.

this evening.
in my portable cd player i had a mixed trance cd
my ex-boyfriend made for me just recently.
track 5 is a tranced-out version of a song i
remember from high school:  'ordinary world', i
forget who sang it, it's a nostalgic song for
me...i taped it randomly off the radio one day
back in the 90's, and played it over and over
again, till i taped over it.  and then high
school was over.

this morning.
my ex-boyfriend stole my heart and left me with
a true love for techno about two years ago.
we've talked on occasion since he left me, but
not recently (except for when he randomly gave
me this cd of his finest mixing work)  so this
morning, on my way to my first class, i was
feeling light, i knew the sun was more inside my
eyes than in the sky, and out of nowhere he
drove by.  i saw him see me as i biked down the
sidewalk...i felt beautiful.  he hasn't loved me
for a long time.  but for the first time, it was
fine for me not to love him.  for the first
time, i loved myself...without him.

return to this evening.
tonight as the snow fell, it was perfect.
~~~dreadful word:  "perfect" ~~~so i'll try not
to use it again, but for the sake of this post,
i'll use it just this once.  my old lover's
techno played in my ears, the falling of the
cold wetness felt like kisses on my face, the
massive white fingers of the bowing tree
branches were begging gravity to lend them down
just a little more...just to touch the ground in
which they've been so curious about since the
sky is all they've truly known, the uniformity
of the ground of which the tree branches cursed
me for stepping on...just because i could, the
peace i breathed beneath my skin.

random note of the day.
in my class on monday and wednesday evenings
there's a quiet boy who sits across the room.
he's slightly pudgy, has fire red hair, a pink
face, and wears a john mellencamp t-shirt on
occasion.  i wasn't impressed with him at all
until tonight.  he didn't do anything
extraordinary, he just sat there as always.  but
i appreciated him.  i don't know why.  i just
did.

tonight it was frosty.
tonight there was love.

---your mountain mama sweetheart  X