Sinister: what (thump thump thump) is (thump thump thump) the light (thump...)

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Tue Feb 26 08:31:32 GMT 2002

Good late night/early morning to you all,

I noticed something tonight.  I went to see Lord of the Rings again with
some friends, because I do not feel I was in a very good frame of mind the
last time I saw it (coming off trains then a flight from Gatwick to Atlanta
to Mobile does not make for a good movie-viewing mood).  I actually really
enjoyed it this time, and the editing didn't seem so bad.  Anyway.

I got home and realized that my friend Josh had cleaned up the living room.
This thrills me to no end, because there is not much better in life than a
clean habitat.  I think Stacey's mother would agree with me on this.
However, the real difference was the lights.

When I first moved into this house 20 or so months ago, the main light
source in the living room came from the irregularly shaped bulbs from the
overhead light/fan.  The fan never worked.  Anyway, those bulbs eventually
died, and they broke.  I couldn't replace them.  So I moved to the two lamps
in the room.  This was a great feeling and it made everything different.
When I came back from the UK this christmas, my friends had not only
rearranged the furniture, but they took out the broken lamps and lit the
entire room with white, small christmas lights in the icicle formation.
This was very exciting as well.  I just loved it.  However, these strands of
lights have slowly been dying over the past few weeks, and a change was
needed.  They all died tonight, and when I got home, had been replaced with
one of those lights with a handle and an extension chord used for moving
about in the attic.  This excites me.  Interestingly enough, tonight, the
bathroom light died as well.  One attempt at...using the facilities...lit
only by a zippo-knock-off lighter failed.  So my friend changed BOTH light
bulbs instead of the one we've been using for so long.  Now the bathroom is
lit very brightly and shaving was much more fun.

It really is the small things in life, isn't it?

Trying desperately to find my Duran Duran Greatest Hits CD,
-Matt

P.S.  Something like this may not warrant a sinister post, but after a night
of frustrating Claw Machine battles and a string of lovely posts, I felt the
need to do something (and not sleep).

P.P.S.  Does the second season of Twin Peaks depress anyone else?