Sinister: the big monkey said to the little monkey "oo oo oo"

Fiona Fairbairn mbbx9ff2 at xxx.uk
Tue Feb 26 14:05:12 GMT 2002

i just remembered why i'm on this list...
it's because so many of those who dwell here are so damn lovely.
i send one badly written, whiny post and i'm overwhelmed with
messages of sympathy and empathy from all over the world. thanks
everybody. i still haven't told my mum quite how bad my exam results
were, but i'm feeling more positive about it.

not on a lighter note, but on a similarly dismal one, i am currently
suffering from a quite unpleasant skin complaint (you know you want
to hear about this) that has made my face all dry and blotchy and
itchy. the doctor won't help, so whilst wandering around harvey
nicks* (dahling) yesterday with my mum, we stumbled across a stall in
the cosmetics department with a fish tank and big signs telling us of
how a physicist from NASA invented a magic face cream made from fish.
intrigued i had a consultation with a scary posh woman who was
wearing too much orange make-up (you should have seen the horror on
her face when i told her i sometimes wash with soap) and my mum ended
up spending over £150 on cosmetic products. i never envisioned myself
as the sort of person who would use £75 moisturiser, at least not
until i was rich and famous anyway, but apparently now i am.
  not sure why i just told you that, but it makes me feel glamorous,
even though i don't look it just now.

 ~~content alert~~
are there any plans afoot to meet up before the gig in manchester? if
there are someone email me, and if not i don't mind being in charge
of generating some. so, assuming nothing is already happening you may
send me ideas or expressions of interest for a manchester pre-gig
meetup. i also have secret plans for afterwards which i may be
persuaded to share if bribed handsomely.

thanks again for being who you are,

love and lollipops,

fiona.

*for the uninitiated (non uk) a really expensive department store