Sinister: Lego is a brick stack

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Wed Feb 27 11:47:42 GMT 2002

This morning I suddenly felt the urge to buy lego bricks.  ("oooh I've got
the urrrrrrrrge to legggo")

The urge has been brewing for a while, actually.  I always have had this
compulsion in my life to build things, be it houses of cards, rocketships
made out of matchboxes glued together (I once made with the matchboxes a
spaceship that turns into a robot when it's combined with another spaceship
Power Rangers style, until I broke it using it as a weapon), sculptures made
by balancing random bits one on top of another.  I like the sense of
achievement with construction I guess, and Lego seems like a nice material
for building things, strong but flexible, and best of all comes with
instructions...

<digression>
I am a sucker for instructions, I love shops that have signs telling you
what to do like "1. pick up product, 2. take it to the counter 3. pay
money", as I can get hopelessly lost in a shop sometimes, especially shoe
shops - they used frighten me because I for a long while never knew the
drill of "1. find shoes you like 2. tell a staff that you want this pair of
shoes and give them shoe size 3. they come back with shoes 4. you try on
shoes 5. pay for shoes" (Don't even get into what happens if the shoes don't
fit - I'd just die on the spot)
<digression>

..but yes, the lego boxes sometimes have instructions showing you how to fit
374 pieces of lego bricks together and make it look like a red fish with
green legs, or maybe it was an octopus.  Although freestyling is fun too - I
used to have a big box of legos when I was younger - but the best creative
work I've managed was to recreate the system of speed bumps in my local
village with lego.

I made a lego film once too - a romantic tragedy, actually, and the plot
was, of course, set on the speed bumps of my local village, it was about the
life of a mechanic who fell in love with a rich lady who took her pink
sports car in for repairs.

The romantic mind of a budding 12 year old film director eventually led to
the finalé of the film being the mechanic "fixing" the rich lady under the
bonnet, on the backseats of her car, but he forgot to set the handbrakes and
so their car rolled backwards down the hill, and they died, thus a tragic
end.

Maybe now, with 9 more years of experience in life I can make a better
effort, the storyline will be less crude, the scene setting will be more
imaginative, or at least I can fit in a pun for the road sign "warning:
humps for 200 yards".

What I really don't like about legos though are the colours, I know they're
made of plastic but I would just like my constructions to look less
plastic-like!  They should start making brickwall textured legos for
brickwalls, and tarmac textured legos for roads, and fish textured legos,
for octopuses.

Legos and Red Bulls
Ken
P.S.: michelle ruiz wrote:
>I also want to get a pet of some kind (not a dog or
>a cat..yet)since I was a deprived child and never had
>one. Maybe a turtle or an iguana

Join the quest to bring to the world animal textured legos, and demand for
turtle/iguana textured bricks, then you can have Lego pets!  They can be
those "technik" ones and you can have your own techniks turtles/iguanas
where they're powered by batteries and can swim/stick tongue out all on
their own!  It's the future in pet-ertainment!