Sinister: hey white boy, what'choo doin' up town?

amy.longcore at xxx.com amy.longcore at xxx.com
Thu Feb 28 01:50:24 GMT 2002

it's not advisable to listen and sign along with
the velvet underground at work.
people suspect you are either:

a) on drugs
b) about to do drugs
c) singing such things because you can't wait to get home and do drugs

my friend david sends me nice e-mails while i work.
here are some of todays gems:

"DID I HAPPEN TO MENTION THAT I HAVE YOUR BELLE AND SEBBY TICKET???"

on seeing Ben Folds last night:
"And then later he told this story of a concert in England where he
kept fucking with the audience.  Everytime he'd hear someone talking
during a song, he'd just stop and ask them if they'd please keep it
quiet.  Then he'd start all over.  Eventually he got to the point
where he'd slow down and play quietly, just to listen for some sign
that someone was talking.  But after a while, the audience learned and
there was absolute silence.  He called this "the night I made England
my bitch."

david looks like ben folds and says to me, jokingly,
"Do you want to fuck him too?"
david doesn't like boys "like that" tho.
me thinks it's the whole "he looks like me" thing
that gets him going. i'm pretty sure he didn't mean
that i wanted to EFF HIM. nope. friend.

"Dear Amy,

I'm alone and I'm outside your house...

Love,
David"

we've been having these massive smiths lyric sharing binges as of late.
simple emails saying...

"and the pain was enough to make a shy bald budhist reflect and plan a mass
murder"
or
"i said that's nothing you should hear me play piano!"

you get the idea.
i can't seem to get through to him, though.
it is my belief that a smiths lyric should not
be quoted without the use of an exclamation point
at the end.
the exclamation point fits the thrust and accomplishment
of the words. the pitiful, yet somehow empowering, words.

"the rain falls hard on a humdrum town
this town has dragged you down!"

"i crack the whip! you skip! but you deserve it!"

"you could meet somebody who really loves you!"

see, isn't that better?
i think so.

so, if you get a random email from me with some faintly
familiar words containing an exclamation point at the end,
please do not worry for my sanity, i'm just having a moment,
and want to share it with you.

Jason cats said:
"I got my B+S tickets in the mail a couple of days ago along with a
friend's
wedding invitation out of town for that same day.  After much deliberation,
I decided that a friend who would schedule their wedding on a Belle and
Sebastian concert date is really no friend at all."

kudos to you, mr.pajamas! see you there, then!
as you may have read above, my friend david is the holder of
one of my belle and sebastian tickets. this would be to the chicago
show. my tickets to the detroit show came to my parents house this
saturday. my mother was more than happy to call that day and say,
"hey sis, i got some concert tickets in the mail, i'm thinking
dad and i will go! i haven't heard much of this belle and sebastian,
but we could sure use the night out..."
silly mommy! i've since snatched the tickets from her, thank you.
i do plan on making her a b&s mix one of these days tho.
i think she could use some "we rule the school", and such in her
life.

those of you who witnessed my insanity in #sinister last night
will be happy to know that all my keyboard keys at home now
work, except for the "m".
something will be done about this.
it was fun to be forced to come up with a new language tho.
if you would call it that...

um. i'm going to have a cigarette now.
this was a very pointless post.
i just wanted to say stuff.

and

i wanted to say, "yeah, what he said", as jason also
again mentioned a chicago meetup.
i've actually only heard from a couple of you about the show.
so, you either
a) hate me and want me to die
b) just want to go to the show and not eff around with sini people
c) don't know what the hell you are doing
d) know i'd be better off keeping to myself :)

fine. i'll just wear my lampshade and look at my ben folds' look-alike
friend and sing along.

ooh oooh oooh! archel FINALLY got the rachels tape!
we're well on our way now!
i was worried i was the end of the rachels line and
ruined it for everyone! *whew*

bye,
amy