Sinister: What did you get for Christmas this year?

AN annika.lindberg at xxx.se
Tue Jan 1 16:03:07 GMT 2002

31st December 2001

My grandmother says she heard that after each Christmas one gains about 7 lbs (3 kg). I believe and hope for chrissake that she's wrong.
((Heavy))

I should start with wishing you all a merry post-christmas and a happy post-new year. Or maybe I should finish with that.

As I have wished for a while now I got a portable cd/mp3-player for Christmas. Putting together good mp3-cd's for it will keep me busy for a while.
((Happy))

How thoughtful of Miss Llew to post (earlier in December) a "How To Write A Sinister Post"-post! I have read it carefully though I think I might be doing things in the wrong order. I started with forgetting about being coherent, then I went on to forgetting about being witty as well. I hope it will work out anyway.
(Also umm thanks to Mr Chu for his err "How not to write a sinister post"-post.)

I have started listening to my Bathers tapes again. Had almost forgotten about them. Earlier this month I was going to do some Christmas baking(?) and since we only have a cassette player in the kitchen I had to find a good band to enjoy meanwhile. I found The Bathers! Ok, it's not exactely washing-up music, or any kind of real dance-moving music but it was really nice to just "float" around in the kitchen, singing along a little here and there and stomping your feet in the floor at certain times for better expression. Maybe because it reminds me of my lovely trip to Glasgow.
((Hovering))

Girlie snowangel Astrid (Hi sweet!) wrote about the song "Meatballs in your nose" and me being swedish and one of those on the list who knows this song, I couldn't help but laugh myself silly when I read it!
((Hee-hawing))

She also said: "I haven´t met a single person yet not to have laughed about it." (The meatball song) "What does that say about my friends? (Don´t answer that!)"

My parents laughed at that song. What does that say about my parents?

I have discovered that I have a cousin with fairly good taste in music. A while ago I asked him what kind of music he listens too, and it seemed then like he mostly listened to some kind of underground hip hop music and basically no-good-music. But last time we met, in September, he had been to a Fosca gig. And now that we met on Christmas Eve he had been to this gig with a wonderful Swedish singer/songwriter Kristofer Åström, whom I had also seen. I'm starting to happily believe that there is hope for my cousin after all. Maybe we'll go to a gig together next year.

Tomorrow is New Years Eve. Forgot to buy Champagne! (Sheesh stupid girl) But that will be sorted out I think. Can always drink someone elses champagne, "accidentally". I plan to get drunk and gigglish and silly and happily silly and annoyingly silly and madly silly...all as usual.
((Helter-skeltering))

Next time...next year!

1st January 2002

Happy New Year!

They will all come back to me. The memories of last night. I'm quite sure they will, they always do. I've never had any blackouts (at least none caused by too much alcohol). Though I have never been that drunk before, and I was a little worried earlier this morning about how I would feel later on. But I'm ok.

Great party, great fun, great new year indeed!
The list of needless knowledge:

1. I taught myself how to drink white wine
2. I spilled some wine
3. Me and my friend V sent an SMS to a person we knew and who's phone number we thought we knew. A couple of confused SMS's later we started believing that we could have been wrong. The guy on the other end had the nerve to call us his concubines
4. I met an old classmate I hadn't seen in 2 years
5. Friend M began exclaiming that he was a concubine
6. I tried to get the music from the stereo to make sense. Failure
7. I wrestled with the cd's
8. Friend V snogged with the host
9. Friend M realised what "concubine" actually meant and decided he did no longer wish to be a concubine. Instead he thrusted the title upon me
10. I got two unexpected guests following me back to my house to stay the night. (They came from another city and had no place to sleep. Luckily my parents were out of town)
11. I woke up today and found a bruise as big as a mandarine (and I'm not exaggerating!) on my left leg below the knee. I have absolutely no idea of what I have done.
12. Me and the unexpected guests just finished watching Ivanhoe. Now they have headed for home

Ivanhoe has almost become a must on new year's day. I don't know why. Think about it, the hero lies wounded throughout most of the film because of one little wound, and he is in love with one woman but seduces another. What kind of hero does that make him, really? Still, he is Ivanhoe.

It's my friend's birthday tomorrow, and we are going to another party at some guy who's birthday it is too. And on the 5th there's a moving-in-party to attend.
I'm not sure if neither my wallet nor my head will manage it.

I can't think of anything else to write now, the state that I am in. So finally I'd just like to say, Belle and Sebastian!

Kisses and Concubines

/AN Monchichi