Sinister: Are we talking about the bird or the chocolate bar?

John Jennings sinister at xxx.com
Tue Jan 1 22:57:18 GMT 2002

Roight Hello.

Well i hope you've all been having fun over christmas and new year. i've
been sat around....  i've done a bit of work... i went to sheffield and
met will and dimitra which was nice... i went to nottingham and walked
around going 'gah this is so much better than leicester' which i do
periodically to remind myself that my home city is ace. and it is. so there.

My mission for over christmas was to say the words 'my band' in as many
sentences as possible, with as many people as possible... apparently its
'subtle advertising' and people who previously hated us will be flocking
to see us when we next play (this month.. hurrah)... that was the
plan.... 'it makes me sound like i'm in a pathetic college band though'
i whined when it was suggested to me.... 'but you are in a pathetic
college band' was the answer... which is very true... my band my band my
band my band. ahem.

New years is always such an anticlimax isn't it? I went to a party. sat
around. got cold (ooh did i mention it had snowed in leicester? now i
can join in these snow conversations that everyone seems to be having.
hurrah) and then went home. ooh but its now 2002. wow. it sounds very
futuristic doesn't it? Just think of all that science fiction that is
set now, and last year as well. I have a horrible feeling we're
disappointing past generations though. Lets see, influencial inventions
of the last decade... erm... dual cyclone vacuum cleaner... dvd
players....and i saw a body dryer thing on tomorrows world which was
quite impressive...  sigh. how depressing. oh hang on you're supposed to
be positive for the new year aren't you. damn.

Well anyway, I hope all Sinister people have a super grate 2002 with
extra bits of grateness stuck in unexpected places (erm... please
interpret this is the most innocent sense). its gonna be a super grate
year methinks.

JP.
xx.