Sinister: tonight auld lang syne means leave before the kissing starts...

Andrew Williams (UKHQ - Merch) AWillia at xxx.com
Wed Jan 2 14:25:32 GMT 2002

Hello Sinister,

Hope you are all well and had a great new year. We had a fantastic time at
Track & Field in London, and also managed to catch up with the Strange Fruit
people as well so all in all we saw just about everybody. I have been happy
since Christmas cos I got a dart board, and it is now my new years
resolution to score 180 in open play, hopefully against Matt Powell. My
other resolutions are to have a song I write played on the radio, continue
to stop smoking and write two books (one fiction, one non-fiction).

I thought I would drop you a line, beacuse there was a little mini-interview
with Stuart in the Scotsman the other day (I buy it for the Derek Allen
crossword) and I thought you might be interested, hope it hasn't already
been mentioned. There is probably a link to a website, but anyway, here it
is...

STUART MURDOCH, SINGER WITH BELLE & SEBASTIAN.

Best thing you saw in 2001?
"Gary Teale's mesmerising performances in the Ayr midfield. We will miss
him."

Best thing you heard?
"The Camera Obscura LP."

Strongest memory?
"Sarah singing 'Baby', a beautiful Brazilian song, to beautiful Brazilians
in Sao Paulo."

Looking forward to...?
"I'm looking forward to seeing more of the ball."

New Year's resolution?
"I resolve to become immortal. And then die."

And that was it really. Nice plug for the Camera Obscura album though, and
well done to them and Saloon for their Festive 50 placings.  For anyone
who's interested my favourite album of 2001 was "Once" by the Tyde. Right,
well I'll be off then. See some of you soon, the rest of you take care, lots
of love,

Andrew.

Tel: 020 7395 3463
Fax: 020 7240 0527