Sinister: Snow Bunnies

Willitron300 vilkas at xxx.com
Thu Jan 3 10:17:15 GMT 2002

1.
IT'S SNOWING!

2.    Ok. Have I mentioned? IT'S SNOWING!! IT'S SNOWING!! IT'S SNOWING!!
IT'S SNOWING!! IT'S SNOWING!! IT'S SNOWING!! IT'S SNOWING!! This is the best
thing in the world. It's up to a few inches already and I can't sleep cos
I'm so excited.
    I've already got a sledding day planned tomorrow with my friend Sybil.
(Sadly the snow this evening the snow wasn't accumulated enough to sled plus
I ought to be asleep already.)  We were on the phone plotting where the best
hills are.   Libbie Hill Park has a great extra steep hill; but sadly at the
bottom of the hill is Main Street.  You have to pull some
Wu-Tang-Hi-Karate-Kung-Fu stylee sledding shit to not glide into the street.
Ah, but there are more parks: Chimborazo, Forest Hill, the sides of the
Water Resevoir... Plus friends who live out in the country with hills and
trees and shit.
    Snow's so gorgeous; it's nature's glitter. The air is all crisp; none of
this 97% humidity with no rain business. And all the pollen, mold, and dust
is frozen away.  Everything is all glistening, glowing and smooth. It's as
if sunlight fell to earth. The usually orange-grey chemical-tone city sky is
a nice creamsicle colour.
    I can't explain the degree to which snow makes me happy. It's not hot. I
spend at least 8 months of the year cursing the climate. Autumn and Spring
are nice unless the weather is being a beotch and perpetrating a fraud as a
different season. I mean 80 degrees farenheit in November on the
Mid-Atlantic seaboard of the US? That's just wrong.
    Do you understand how tempted I am, now at 3am, to go make a snow angel
in my front yard? A snow angel on cement? Oh yes. I just wanna go find a
field of undisturbed snow (ahem...that's virgin snow) and lay down in the
middle and watch the flakes fall. But that would get really cold after about
a a minute and a half. And the local inbred-hooligan-spawn-of-satan-children
would probably fuck with me.

3.5    Yes, even in the middle of the night. The kids've probably got
sensors in their brains for anyone whose sister isn't also their mother.
Really, this extra swanky reputable university did this study of inbreeding
in Virginia. Turns out Oregon Hill, my neighbourhood, has the highest rate
of inbreeding in the state. There are the locals ad then there other
residents of the area are artists and hippees. Like me. See, I'm proud of my
backwoods childhood. Y'know, no indoor plumbing except cold water until
1987, fireplace heating for the house, walking a mile uphill both ways to
the school bus. But these kids are not even back woods. They give being a
redneck a bad name. There are loads of rebel flags hung proudly and
teenagers who listen to gangsta rap but hate anyone who isn't white. But I
digress.

3.     Snow Bunnies is the tentative name of my tentative exhibition.
Crossing my fingers that the flaky gallery owners are not gonna flake out.

4.     Katy Dutton, are you here? I have apologies and tapes to send your
way and I've lost all your details.

5.    Ok. Here's something. I want to know what you listen to. Or rather
what you're listening to now. Cos if you're like me or if I'm like you, you
listen to a broad range of stuff but go through phases of listening to
narrower categories of music by the day or by the week. You've gotta be into
music if you're here right? Hell, maybe you only listen to nice in the best
way pop music. That's not such a bad thing to listen to.  E-mail me your
playlist. Meaning what you've listened to this week, not whats on your shelf
and not your fave albums ever.
    Here's mine. My CD player died a slow painful death so most of these are
on tape. The few that are on CD I've listened to on either my studio stereo
or my computer. The computer makes a crap CD player cos the stereo speakers
also died a slow painful death a while ago. Right, what's a sound card worth
with a tinny mono speaker? Well, lots; but that's a whole 'nother story. And
the only requirement for the studio stereo is that it can get fucked up.

    These are in alphabetical order:
    Alice Deejay: Who Needs Guitars Anyway?
    Beatles:  Abbey Road
    Belle and Smellycat: The Red One
    Bis: Social Dancing
    The Commitments Soundtrack Part 1
    Danielle Dax: Blast The Human Flower
    the delgados: the Sucrose Single
    DJ Shadow:  Brainfreeze
    Garbage: Beautiful Garbage
    Janis Joplin:  Greatest Hits Compilation
    Mazzy Star: The First Two Albums
    Morrissey:  Bona Drag*
    The Orb: Orbus Terrarum
    Pizzicato 5: Happy End of Me The Remix Album
    The Primitives: Pure
    My Own Superb Mix Tape
    The Siamese Cat Song 7" from Lady and the Tramp
    Slam vs. Unkle: Narco Tourists
    Slurped: A CD compilation of loads of 7"s used in Brainfreeze
    A Soul & Funk DJ's }}Superb{{ Mix Tapes
    The Symphonic Rock Series: Classic Rock and The British Invasion
    A Tribe Called Quest: Midnight Marauders
    Various Random Live Shit from Different Folks

                    Lurve, Vilkas who owes all her friends letters

*    This album never fails. It never fails to bring back memories of high
school.  Hanging out at whomever's house that the parents were gone. Turning
the Interesting Drug 12" up to eleven and me and my mates making our own
club in the living room, dancing around like idiots, in the middle of the
boonies, at least 30 miles away from even the nearest movie theatre.
Drinking whatever beer the older kids would score and smokin' whatever was
passed around, bein' dumb, and bein' dumb some more.
    Also, !that! noise Morrissey make in Hairdresser On Fire never fails to
crack me up. Sounds like a Siamese cat passing a kidney stone.
    Everyday is Like Sunday never fails to remind me of Arbroath#.

#Q: Where does a pirate go for his vacation?
   A: Arrrrrr-broath

    Sorry.