Sinister: Only 356 days until Christmas...

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 3 11:42:04 GMT 2002

So, Christmas has come and gone. The good thing about it: seeing the family
again. The bad thing about it: talking with the family again. I decided the
best way to cope was to not sober up for the whole week.

Other popular activities indluded watching Banzai videos as much as
possible, and eating far too much chocolate (is there such a thing?). One of
the advantages of having a mother working part-time in Thorntons...

I like Dahling's idea that how you spent New Years Eve was how you want to
die. In my case, outdoors somewhere, ridiculously drunk. That figures.

At about midnight, I tried looking back at the last year, but I fell over.

The best thing I saw in 2001 also, like Struan, involved football. And the
numbers five and one.

I made two New Year's Resolutions. The first was to do 50 sit-ups every day
to get rid of the effects of the Christmas alcohol, which has a tendency to
turn your six-pack into a keg. This resolution lasted, erm, about 0 minutes,
since I haven't done a single sit-up yet. The second resolution was to
travel to Guatemala, Belize and Honduras in May / June. Which should be a
bit easier to stick to.

Further festive joy came with the announcement that Steps have split up.
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Mr Waterman. Apparently, two of the
five band members wanted to break the band up; and so obviously, by Mr
Waterman's counting methods, that meant that they won the vote.

"Snipp snapp snut, sa var sagan slut!" (see below). Anyone?

Big Stu