Sinister: like the incredible hulk in tears.

Richard Gillanders r_gillanders at xxx.com
Thu Jan 3 11:47:15 GMT 2002

first: a warming.

oh, if only.

EVERYBODY'S COMIN' HOME FOR LUNCH THESE DAYS

take the sinisters bowling, take them bowling?  I
didn't.  calumn shearer did.  did well.  left early.
what a host!  self sacrificial.  leaving one to add a
further two to his score.  and attempting a similar
feat to the one that greg pallis succeeded in.  but
getting rumbled.  I'm not sure of the details.
pronunciation perfected [possibly], pool played.
everyone enjoyed themselves.  as far as I know.  tell
me if I'm wrong.  and you were there.  despite not
having wonderfully high scores.  ken said some guy got
a hundred and fifty or so at the london one.  modesty?
 pathological non-truth telling?  as I say.  our
scorings not rivalling southern ones.  I WON BOTH
GAMES.  thanks.

I thought I might write something about else camper
vans later.  but I realise I won't.  and nothing about
go-karts neither.

why did I wait 'til now?

yes.  kirsten marie kenyon.  with a visit.  here.
having fun.  I'm told.

as for THREATS that have been made here previously.
AT ME.  without mentioning me by name.  well, well.  I
could say 'I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY, MATE'.  but I
won't.  I'm not like that.

last night we went to the WEST END HOTEL in west
calder.  the west end being not so far from the east
end.  someone saying they'd arrive didn't.  we had
much fun anyhow.  BOBBY and SENGA challenged us to a
game of pool.  we had been playing when they arrived.
it might have been bobbie.  I'm not sure; didn't dare
ask.  we played.  got beaten.  bobby [I choose
'bobby'] taking minutes per shot.  senga standing in
or near a corner looking petrified.  bobby scared me
too.  but not kirsten.  bobby asked if I'd like to put
a little wager on the next game.  I told him, in no
uncertain terms, that I was shit at pool and had
nothing worth betting on.  he accepted this.  all he
could.  looking a little insulted that I didn't want
to lose money to him.  he had a few pierced parts.
visible.  I won't use speculation.  he had one of them
ones through his left eyebrow.  making him less
unattractive?  no.  but.  I suppose.  what do I know?
the pierced's goal is to become attractive?  perhaps
not.  perhaps someone could tell me.  I mean.  the
overpierced [only in one of my opinions, of course]
has always baffled me.  G.E.A. being the exception.
because there has to be one.  and she's it.  not
complete lack of bafflement.  there.

brevity is the soul of...whit?

I gave up on wit at an early age.  I'm sure I don't
have to tell YOU that.

looking, earlier, I was glad to see that
DeAtHofGliTteR16 is our latest new list member.
hello!

LATCH ON TO THE AFFIRMATIVE

yes.  it was johnny mercer who wrote lyrics to henry
mancini's 'moon river' tune.  if only I'd offered a
prize.

AND YOU THINK THEY'RE SAD BECAUSE YOU'RE LEAVING

I've reverted to some other style.  here.  I see it.
of course: we went to london.  I only thought about it
on the twenty-sixth and I think about a lot of things
I know will never.  happen.  we only booked tickets on
the twenty-eighth.  we only packed just before we
left.  we only got there on the morning of the
thirty-first.  should I leave out those hyphens?  and
run 'em together?  I saw someone do that.  we only got
there on the morning of the thirtyfirst.  I don't
think I can do that with conviction.  we only got
there on the morning of the thirty-first.  I almost
proposed that I'd see people later.  we went to
blackheath.  which I did like.  I was sort of told I
shouldn't.  I was never a fan of london.  really.  but
I think I have a better way to think about it these
days.  germany and marianna.  post office.  red cafe.
bumped table.  started, smoking seniors [female].
startlation soon turning to gigglation when I smiled
and apologised.  eggs.  phones.  chat.  change.
covent gardens.  via.  who knows?  I don't.  I pay
attention sometimes.  marianna departing and, gosh,
carrying luggage that wasn't hers.  it was ours!
bless her little heart! [more later].  heading for
fish and chip shop.  looking back.  I kinda think ken
would have liked it.  we never got to the fish and
chip shop.  walked past.  THE ROCK AND SOLE PLAICE.
wow.  I think that's right.  but.  yes.  meeting a
cook outside the station after some disturbing
elevation.  and then trousers down at drury lane.
wasn't too much exposure.  it was still early.
looking for an open pub.  found a couple.  found more
that were very closed.  imagined being inside.  our
first drinks of the day.  and some nice chat.  action
figures.  momus.  mancini.  ustinov.  and so much
more.  more drinks.  some quizzing.  we won ten
pounds!  and lost it by not knowing how to be claiming
it.  'banking', I think, is the favoured quiz machine
nomenclature.  doesn't matter: we couldn't.  hangman
two.  the staple at the tap.  lacking an ailsa watson
[nee ross] we got not very far.  I like crosswords
too.  but there were none here.  yet someone suggested
that I wear vermouth.  leaving and more public
transport.  I'm a fan.  a telephone call from my
architecture friend/neighbour/flatmate's boyfriend in
glasgow asking what I was planning on doing for that
evening.  I said 'erm'.  he asked where I was.  I said
'LONDON'.  he said 'OKAY!'.  and wished me a pleasant
evening.  I wished him one two.  I mean.  too.  got to
another pub.  'the famous cock'.  germany said he
thought we ought to get a photograph of alasdair
outside of it.  I thought that kind of a remark a
little on the harsh side.  the next day, of course, it
emerged that he thought it was called 'the famous
cook'.  all the same.  tsk.  TSK.  more joined.
including kenneth with vodka and red bull concealed.
marianna back again [bless her little heart!].  the
pinefox!  these were at my end of the table.  or the
table at which I had got seated.  there were others.
I spoke to martin about warmings.  briefly.  I was
sort of introduced to another richard.  oh!  we drew
each other on the back of american receipts!  I
remember.  I drew stevie.  he ended up looking quite
evil and having, originally, a thumb on the wrong side
of his hand and, then, having two thumbs on the same
hand.  one of which was sort of.  favoured.  by added
ink.  one cookie managed to make me look quite fat.  I
know I don't have the best diet.  it wasn't so much
fat.  really.  but my jaw went quite far behind my
ear.  and there was a distinct lack of hair to the
rear of my.  bonce.  look at me!  words like 'bonce'.
I'm all buoyed here.  can't you tell?  I'm becoming a
little.  forgive me.  yes.  stevie drew germany.  very
good.  germany drew ally.  rather cheap.  ally drew
kirsten.  made me fat.  made her ugly.  what a guy.  I
miss him already.  people signed dollars.  hamilton
mistaken for jefferson.  a halo changed to horns.
some talk of tapes received.  I forgot about?
'estuary english', 'anita o'day'?  others too.  which
I forget about now.  not completely.  goodness.  the
night hadn't even begun!  we left the cock.  but he
followed us.  no, no.  sorry.  money from a machine.
upstairs to a garage.  or at.  the.  now.  here my
memory serves me less well.  or more unwell.  around.
mark casarotto, yes, and, I believe, vicky parkinson
despite none formal introduction.  and.  I don't know
when from.  or whence.  lucy alder, carey lander,
christopher brown, sally moore, matt powell?, paul
field, passant nicholas whose-surname-I-don't-know,
greg pallis.  I staggered from bar to toilet and back
again.  a few times.  I don't remember so much more.
alasdair trying to make me dance.  kirsten trying to
make me dance.  ken trying to make me dance.  me not
dancing.  at twelve o'clock.  I KISSED THEM ALL.  I
don't think I missed anyone out.  if I did, I
apologise.  or.  you were too quick.  later on.  I was
handed a bottle labelled STAROPRAMEN.  I recognised
this brand of LAGER.  I swigged as with LAGER.  the
bottle was filled with VODKA.  results?  well.
y'know.  and if you don't: whew!  I aren't half
dragging this out, hey?  we left reasonable early.  I
think.  to ealing.  to a bed.  to wake up.  to have
breakfast cooked for.  served to.  to be grateful.  to
try to communicate such.  to fail.  I should imagine.
but to be grateful all the same.  all the more.
leaving on a jet plane.  I'm not sure it was.  but.
at nine fifty-five.  in the evening.  of the first.
in london that day.  victoria.  ken chu.  ripped
jumper.  fat bernard's.  shitebox?  I forget.  I could
have made more of that.  easyeverything.  never not a
geek.  a bus.  a plane.  an empty plane.  back to the
dear green place.  then to west calder.  a trip.
bookended by boxers.  bookended by 'the boxer's [not
misusing.].  that isn't bookends.  'bookends'.
neither is this: here I am.

I look like I'm in belle and sebastian?  I look like
stevie jackson?  I blame my jumper.  but now.  ripped.
 I said.  PF.
I look like a young chris leonard?  ST.
I look like a kid you used to swop girlfriends with at
high school?  MC.

I enjoyed these.  thanks.

I enjoyed lots.  thanks.  thanks to ken chu for ticket
reserving.  and thanks, especially, to marianna
longmire for her outstanding, overwhelming, greatly
appreciated hospitality and general niceness.  I'm
glad I was introduced to her and that she was
introduced to me.  even if it was in installments.
thanks.

QUELLE EST VOTRE PLUS GRANDE AMBITION DANS LA VIE?

I saw that murdoch-in-scotsman thing.  I thought he
was taking from pasolini at first.  then.  no.
godard.  of course.

I've lost control of this.  so I send now.

I couldn't even think of a decent subject line.

I hope that you all had happy new years [eves and
days].  I hope that ian nicolson had a happy new year
[eve and day].  I'll find out.

happy new year.
richard.