Sinister: An addendum

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Thu Jan 3 23:37:48 GMT 2002

Hello again.

In the haste to tell you about The Pledge last night, I forgot to say all
the other things I'd been saving up.

I got "The Peacock Manifesto", by Stuart David, for Christmas. I was gonna
mention that last night. I finished it on New Year's Day. It was good, but
it started off brilliant, which is a slightly disappointing way of doing
things. Ah well, it was still a good yarn.

BigStu mention "Snipp snapp snut, sa var sagan slut!". This was another
thing I was gonna mention last night. Come on Honey, who's responsible...?

Ken Chu and John Jennings mentioned inventions of the last decade. Is email
a 90s thing? If so I'd like to nominate that. Actually, it's prolly not, is
it. It was prolly designed by Microsoft in the 70s or something, and they've
just spent the last 30 years de-perfecting it.

Willitron300 mentioned the "Brainfreeze" mix-album from DJ Shadow and Cut
Chemist. I know a list for a twee Scottish guitaring eight-pieces is hardly
the place to be eulogising about an American hip-hop and scratch DJ duo, but
both the "Brainfreeze" and the "Product Placement" albums are funking
excellent examples of just what can be achieved with "four turntables and a
sack of wax" if you put your mind to it.

Ms Fruitloop's been quite quiet of late - I suppose she's got the boy Apps
to deal with, but still, one of her huge recollective-post efforts wouldn't
go amiss at chilly times as these.

That's it again.

love

Asm.x