Sinister: Breakfast in Los Angeles, microbiotic stuff...

Corduroy Boy tompettinger at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 4 12:05:10 GMT 2002

I sat down two days ago thinking I had so much to write, but I couldn't seem
to type anything of interest. Not that this usually hinders me, but I
couldn't even think of anything self-indulgent that was vaguely amusing. So
what does this say about me? I think things are pretty darn fun in my life
but nothing turns out worth mentioning.

But then I saw other people's lovely posts today, a big ten of them this
morning. This is probably more significant to me than anyone else, having
been on holiday this week and getting up late, and also not checking my
e-mail in the mornings meant I didn't really believe sinister existed this
early in the morning.

Does the world disappear when we close our eyes?
I see no reason why not.

(Turns into rich boy Jools Holland mode...) "OK, let's come here, over here
to the delightful, the wonderful Ken Chu. Take it away with...old video
games!"

My little brother got a new fangled game boy advance today. I felt like such
an old git to learn that this tiny little piece of plastic with a miniscule
screen is twice as powerful as the super nintendo which I thought was
thoroughly hot stuff in earlier years.
But Ken, as I remember with a slight Japanese accent it sounds a lot more
like "hate-you, ken" when he does that fireball thing. This is not
meaningful, in fact he is just as likely to be name checking you after
sneezing, but I felt you were a little wide of the mark with "adore-ken" !
:-)

Oooh...Hannah, thankyou very much! Yes, the beads fit (if the beads fit,
wear them..thankyou, I shall) And the mar-belles, very cool. I especially
like the rough ones, the big clear one and the tiny little opaque white one
with little red and blue patches. I enjoyed the chocolate with my cup of tea
this morning. (Darjeeling.) Thankyou, but you're naughty, I did tell you not
to send anything. But thanks.

I was going to mention my New Year's shenanigans, but only one part may be
of interest...to some...OK, one bit is B&S related. After the main party we
went back to a friends for much wine, port, guinness and bizarre mixtures of
the same. (Known as black velvet, apparently, but why not just drink them on
their own?) When everyone was suitably relaxed, (gauged precisely by the
fact that the non-smokers were starting to smoke cigars) I played loads of
Belle and Sebastian. I'm hoping that whilst not being conscious of what
music they were listening to, it might find a place in their heads to grow
into a passion for our favourite eight piece, but I'm not counting my
chickens.

I don't know what to do now.
Well, theoretically I'm supposed to be working, but in reality I don't know
what to do. I might visit the elderly lady next door who gave me some barley
sugars at Christmas. (She still thinks I am about eight, which was how old I
was when we moved to this house.) In Sheffield we have this grate shop
(although I haven't been for ages...) that's called Grinelli's and is
supposed to be an ice cream shop but is a proper sweet shop with big jars
and sells barley sugars, yorkshire mixture, acid drops (the legal type),
reeces pieces, that crystalline dust that crackles and fizzes in your mouth,
(again, the legal kind), atomic fireballs, aniseed balls and many others.

Talking of acid drops, the subject line refers to the track "Alan's
Psychedelic Breakfast" on side two of Pink Floyd's "Atom Heart Mother."

Right, it's time to go and do whatever I decide on doing. When I'm on my
way, I'll decide. It'll be a hard choice what with all the stuff I'm
supposed to do, but it's likely to be tobogganing again, there's still snow
you see. Does anyone else go sledging in a bivvy bag? (Large, orange,
plastic survival bag). You should, it's way better.

No mad props today. NO, WAIT....there are! To Ian, if there is any poll of
best posts, I'd like to see who beats that. (Jools mode
again...):"Marvellous." (Jools voice off.)

Marbles and and miniature fudge bars,
Tom
XOXOXO

P.S. To those on #sinister who ask me (Cordkin) if I'm new, no, I am not
particularly new as I assume new means "first time on". I am not a veteran,
though.

P.P.S: Lucylu, I hope you have heard some Nick Drake and Kings of
Convienience :)