Sinister: star, teach me how to shine.

Astrid Wiezell astrid.wiezell at xxx.se
Sun Jan 6 15:00:17 GMT 2002

Yo sinister,

how are you all? I am utterly bored, so horribly bored that I´ve decided to write a post again. Sorry..

I am again at my grandparent´s computer, because our internet is down. Kind of good in one way, because I have to take a walk to get to their house, and well, I have to get some exercise and walk for just like 20
 minutes if I want to sit down at a computer. Er..

Well, the positive thing about it, is that it might be good for The New Astrid Version 2.0, that I want to become. I have to start by losing some weight, uh. Horrible, I don´t really want to, but I feel so enormously disgusted when I see myself in the mirror everyday, it must come to an end. I had gained you see, which I never do. That´s my thing; not gaining any weight no matter how much food or sweets and stuff I eat.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let me lose the weight I want to in like a week and then I can relax for the 51 other weeks. We have some kind of walkingmachine-thing at home, I´ll have to use that one, and start running in the park when it´s not a half metre of snow everywhere.

When in Stockholm there´s not really something called "acting cool" anymore, people just slip around, trying to stay on their feet. I´ve fallen loads of times, well, more slipped, but still. It´s kind of disturbing when you think "PLEASE, don´t let me slip or do something strange in front of that beautiful boy" and of course I always do then. Grrr.

I haven´t been out yet to paly in the snow, I just walk around in it. But It´s been really cold, now it´s getting a lot warmer. It´s been like.. what, maybe -20 degrees celsius? Yeah, that´s about what it´s been..

Can´t wait til I get to start rehearsing with the band again. My fingers itch; I want to play again. Well, I sit in my room doing solo´s and new songs, but it´s not as fun as playing with the band of course.

Tomorrow, hell also known as school starts again. I hate school, I hate going to school, I hate being in school. Sometimes I wander off from some lesson "studying independent", which means I go to some place far from the classroom where I can lye around on a bench halfsleeping. Sometimes I fall asleep, but not very often.

Just because I´m like this kind of fast student, I get to listen to music in my freestyle or discman at most of the lessons. I like it that way, being able to disappear in my own little world for a while.

But one time was kind of funny, we had what´s called mentor-time, when you´re with just half of the class, and your "hometeacher", the one that´s responsible for the class and all that. And people was just sitting there reading, we are four girls and about 8 boys in our mentor-group,and two of the girls were ill, and then the boys that day (everyday) sat at the other end of the classroom. I was listening to N.Y.C cops, with the strokes in my freestyle when my teacher, Janne, said "Astrid?" which I didn´t hear, I was almost stomping my feet and completely in my own world, and he said my name again, I still didn´t react, so all of the boys started calling my name, and I still didn´t react. Soon, the girl that sat beside me, Kine, a friend of mine, poked at me, I turned off my freestyle and said "What?" and she poined at Janne, who didn´t look too happy. "Could you please turn down the volume a bit, we can hear the music" and I was just like "Oh, sure" and then the whole class started laughing, not in a mean way, but a kind of "Oh, that Astrid"-way. Hee hee.

Oh, yeah! I remembered something good! We´re gonna dance again! YAY! I had such a blast the last time when a dance teacher came and all of us in our grade had to dance with eachother. The most fun wast probably the last one, it included a lot of body contact, haha. We were all standing in a cirkle, facing another person, and we shold like do like a high five, then bump our elbows, our hips, our knees, our feet against eachother, the you kind of circled the other, and you did a bit of arsebumping as well, haha.

I laugh at the memory of it just because I had to be with a boy who is like this "cool, misunderstood alternative", according to himself and I was actually going to do that stupid, stupid, oh ever so STUPID thing. Actually, he is a great dancer.

And I still remember when I danced with Martin (*girly sigh*) Oh, we had so much fun. He smiled at me during the whole dance, and we just couldn´t stop giggling (it should be said that although he is a very goodlooking boy, he is kind of a snob, he listens to bad music and is sometimes a real know-it-all, and he is known for being kind of impolite to people, and very egocentric) and I said something about that he should become a dancer or something, and he said "Really? Do you really think that? That´s so sweet of you!" and I was like "oh well" and then we just kept dancing. Then he put his arm around my shoulder and said that we were good together.. ah..

PAUSE.

My GOD, which teenmovie am i from? I am turning into one of those giggling-girls, that only moves in groups and always wear cute clothes and are air-headed bimbos. I´ll have to be tougher and be rude I guess.

People always mistake me for listening to punk. What the hell?! I do not listen to punk. And the clothes I wear is a lot more grunge than punk, if you even want to label me that way. Pfft.

Oh, by the way, I´ve been to Lord of the Rings now, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant movie! I´ve already seen it twice, this wednesday adn yesterday. I am also reading the books now. My favourite character is definitely Pippin, which the actor Billy Boyd plays with brilliance. Even though Elijah is a part of my three favourite E´s (tm) ; Elijah, Ewan, Ethan,
Pippin was more of my kind as character. And he had a lovely accent as well.

On dress-up day one day before school ends for the summer, I´ll be a hobbit. With my being qute tall, I guess I should be an elf, but as I am not veryfond of very long blonde wigs, I think I´ll go as a hobbit. It´ll be cool because my hair can get very hobbity if I sleep when it´s wet. I get messed up, and really wavy hair so it´ll be fantastic. Plus I get to wear comfortable clothes.

Well, I have to go now, much to your relief I guess, haha.

Love,

Astrid

P.S Am I honestly really happy now? I dunno. Maybe. I´ve thought about it a lot. I don´t think I´m really happy, just happy. I´ll be really happy when I lose that extraweight and look alright again. AH yes.  Take care, all of you.