Sinister: Careless Talk Costs £2.50

Stephen Hewitt shewitt at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 7 09:24:32 GMT 2002

ello babies

long time no thing.

and what a sini-full last week it has been.  I shall now add some
factual flesh to the rather abstract bones (should that be the other way
round perhaps?) in true Reporting Back stylee.
KEN is the london bowling champion, despite having been run a close
second by BEN apps, who actually took the first game by a whisker.  Mr
Chu also has the official score cards printed out by the nice lady on
the receptiony/change shoes here type place, although i'd rather he
didn't reveal quite how RUBBIDGE i was (i used to be pretty average, but
oxford is a bowling free zone).
THAT BOWLING LINE UP IN FULL:

LANE 2
Jeremy
Marianna
The boy G(reg)
Ally96
Juicy Lucy

LANE 3
Me
Welthorpe, Edna, Mrs
Liz Daplyn
Hannah Brown
(Jonny come lately) James Thornily

LANE 4
Ken
Ben
Gen
SGS
M,IGMK

LANE 1 was full of very very small children seemingly on their own, who
were eating happy meals, and also getting higher scores than me, but
they did have the rail things up, thus no gutter balls...

so big fat props to uncle ken for doing all the organising, also it
should be noted that we booked for 15 ppl and 15 turned up!!!!! blimey,
what are the chances etc.

We were then joined by Lixi, Cabbage and a brace of Moores, for pool,
DDR, and, unsurprisingly, BOUZE.

Also at this point i should thank Katarina Karlsson for my delightful
sinister t-shirt, which was worn for the bowling, and also to reassure
Lisa Holton that her (slightly belated) present *is* on its way.

NYE saw a HUGE sini-gathering upstairs at the garage for the Strange
Fruit party.  Baxendale played, those who liked them before thought they
were good, those who didn't, didn't (i am in the former category btw,
any band who can have you singing along by the second chorus of a new
song have to be good in my ever-so-humble). People who were there
included <deep breath> Cabbage, Sally Moore, Carey Lander, Nick Dastoor,
Lucy96, Ally96, The Pinefox, Welthorpe, Edna, Kevan Cooke, Liz Daplyn,
KEN, Jeremy, Marianna, Richard. Gillanders. Kirsten (what a lovely girl
she is :)), Robbo, Drunken Matt, Richard, Paul, Ginger Fox, Nick
Passant, Casarotto, Miss Vicky and probably loads more i'm forgetting...

I have actually read Careless Talk Costs Lives, blagged a review copy
from Borders.  I'm working myself up to write a review on ye olde blog,
but basically, it's pretty good (bear in mind i haven't read any music
mags for abt six months), but there's too much Everett in it and the
mogwai thing is far too long.

anyway, happily new year kids

xoxo
CarsmileSteve