Sinister: Men Seldom Make Passes At Girls Who Fall On Their Asses

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Mon Jan 7 10:27:16 GMT 2002

"Well, I'll be damned. (If I'm lucky.) I turn my head for nary a second and
if the list hasn't been overtaken by knasty knitters."

To all of those who incessantly remark about how horrible my puns are: Why
was I not sent a Thank You note for not beginning that rant (of almost a
year passed) with a hearty, "Well, I'll be darned!"?
You only have yourselves to blame.

CHRISTMAS:
I would be remiss if I didn't send out huge appreciatory thanks* to everyone
who participated in the Sinister Christmas Present Exchange Extravaganza
2001. We had over fifty people participate and lots of wonderful people like
Brandt Fundak who volunteered to send out eleven (ACE) mixtapes without
wanting anything in return. If anyone hasn't gotten their present yet or
wants to apologize for being late (instead of ultimately sorry) then let me
know so I can whip out those Brass knuckles of mine I got for Christmas. I
need to break them in sometime.

NEW YEARS:
Last year, I was driving to work one day late in December and *oops* forgot
to turn off to go to the bookstore. Instead, I ended up on a roadtrip to New
Orleans thinking, "Big city, small town girl, New Years - maybe I'll get
taken advantage of." Unfortunately, it didn't happen. This year I ended up
on a roadtrip with none other than Miss "Dorothy Parker Makes Me Want To
Drink Bathtub Gin, Have A Bad Love Affair, And Attempt Suicide" Katy who you
might remember from such dialogues as:

Me: Ah, looking at Porn?
MDPMMWTDBGHABLAAASKT: Yeah, Laura, at a Civil War site. Nothing beats
General Lee naked.
Me: Well, his horse was named Traveler.

or such claims as:

"I'm light & refreshing. Today, *I'll* be your diet coke!"

We ended up at her little hippie commune in Masschoweveryouspellit where she
moonlights as a milkmaid. It was quite the experience as I got to overhear
lots of things like, "Boy! I can feel those toxins!" and "See that boy over
there? He graduate from Cornell with a degree in Engineering but now he's
here and working on becoming a message therapist." and - from a girl
contorted like a pretzel doing yoga - "I need some cranial work done badly."
Sweetheart, do you ever.

Oh the fun never ended! I took to naming the hippies like smurfs. Instead of
Papa Smurf, there was Mama Hippie and even a Huggie Hippie who invited me to
stay and read for poetry night. I also spent a night at a FISH HATCHERY in a
national forest which was also a first. Plus,I went crazy with my IZONE
(christmas present thanks to Daveylicious!) and took lots of pictures of my
obsessions (1.bookshops: There was the one in the old Grist Mill in
Farmington ConneticuohlikeIcanspellthisoneeither and then the Andover
Bookstore which is the second oldest bookshop in the country and in a former
barn. Oh it has the most beautiful brick fireplace in the middle of the
store. *swoon* 2. Cute chubbylicious awkward dark haired boys: There were
none.)

AVARICE & GREED:
Hubris said, "Hello." Or at least I'm hypothesizing that a hello to
something sinister was the only thing that noise he made could be. If you're
at all familiar with my posts (then you're familiar with the effects of
chloroform. Sweet Dreams!), then you're probably bracing yourself for tales
of Hubris stalling, overheating (I don't mind when friends smoke but when my
car takes up the habit it gets personal), or opening his hood and devouring
a small gaggle of annoying children. If you're not familiar with my posts,
then let me introduce you to my car -nay my chariot, my steed, my knight in
shining armour all - Hubris, whose motto is, "Laura, have you ever thought
of public transportation or at least higher insurance rates?"  We've been
together for years now and very happy, except for the short time when he
wouldn't talk to me after a boulder fell on him on a drive through Colorado.
As if I *willed* it to happen or something.

Well, now let me introduce you to Avarice - Av'ry for short. She's very prim
and proper. And a bit like Kit in the fact that she has one of those CLICKY
keys where from across a crowded parking lot i can just push the button to
lock, unlock, beep the horn, pop the trunk, or run down the old lady who cut
me off in traffic earlier. As they sit beside each other at night, Av'ry and
Hubris pass notes to each other swapping strategies on how to best strand me
in a moment of need.

It's past 5:30 am and I have to be out the door for work in about an  hour
for my trek up an icy mountain road. I really shouldn't be torturing y'all
for my bouts of insomnia but I'm all about sharing the love. (See! I did
learn something from the hippies!)

Forever yours,
(or until supplies last)

Laura
"meeting all those Laura Llew needs since 1977"

PS - Billzebub, I'm home safely :)
PPS - Willzebub, I hope the date went well. I completely disapprove of
Sexpot Sauer's statement of, "It's not a date if there's no snogging." No
cute boys should be encouraged to be kissing if I'm not involved.
PPPS - Oh I met up with another sinisterine and we went bowling too (see as
I desperately try to seem like a cool kid). However, we're much less cut
throat here. I won a game, he won a game, and then we moved on to plundering
through old bookshops and record stores with glee.
PPPPS - Maddie, I just read your post and your proposal. Now normally I
don't consider any marriage proposal that doesn't at the *very least*
involve fire, leatherclad midgets, and a mariachi band. However for a hot
lesbian - poetry obsessed -  salacious commenting filled - girl such as
yourself I'm willing to at least spend one reckless night in Tijuana with
you. I'm free next Sunday.
PPPPPS - There was not even a reason to try and spell check this sucker

*Also thanks to my own personal santas - Danny, Paul, Dahling, Billzebub,
Jayward, Daveylicious, Brandt, Maddie, and someone else whose my forgetting
will make me wake up in a start whenever I do eventually fall asleep. Y'all
completely made my Christmas for which I was mostly unconscious for anyway.
I must have gotten a blanket and a sweater as presents because I ended up
under the former and using the latter as a pillow as I somehow fell asleep
underneath the Christmas tree. Fortunately, no one mistook me for their
present. (What you didn't asked for an exhausted clutzy absentminded girl
this year? What is your problem?)