Sinister: Car Park pictures

DansonHatcher at xxx.com DansonHatcher at xxx.com
Sat Jan 5 14:40:41 GMT 2002

         Winter.
     It's not all it's cracked up to be is it.

     When you're smimming about in lovely July or thereabouts

  Could've made a film about some days, about gigantic quiet of summer.
      Full of chrome and deniem, full of soft focus pastel shades, fast warm
air all around the car.
        Overhead planes chugging across oceans between lonely clounds and we
wear
     shorts and Tshirts with sandals on your feet.
    We're going places with hot light gliding though the screen and onto my
fingers.
   Things happen
         and we did it all while the skys were clear.
 These days didn't end for months,
       just having short dark between to give a sense of time.

   It was a film I got processed the other day that sparked off this hate of
winter. It was some pictures I took of some places in town at the end of
August/begining of November and I had forgotten about that day.
   Pictures were taken over the period of a week or so while I was between
jobs from up high on roofs and older car-parks so it was really warm and
these fantastic 1960's concrete structures were so "wow" in amongst the
1840's wool mills, with the hills of north Leicestershire far in the
distance.

   I got the film back and sat in the waiting room of Saint Margrets Bus
station.
 This is a place that has featured rather highly in my life, meeting new
friends here and adventures started.
      From the first picture I was taken back and suddenly I felt rather
happy with
      Two Thousand and One, I will remember it for new friends made,
realising I do fit in when the right people are found, lot's of traveling,
Beautiful London, sinister, ownership of more cars than I have fingers, lost
weekends in the west country, train tickets,
  and tying most of this together were Belle &Sebastian, It will be a year
remembered for it's Summer.

   Sorry for this (over)nostalgic view of bits of last year and I hope all of
you have as many good things to remember as I do.
        It just worries me slightly that 2002 will be without this.

  If you've read this FAr you're clearly a raving fruitcake.        James.

     Ps, Ben! glad you two are having a good time.