Sinister: Ribena rip-off!!!

James Thorniley james.thorniley at xxx.com
Mon Jan 7 23:01:28 GMT 2002

I had a carton of orange ribena on a motorway service station today and it
was CRAP. It cost 79p and I was expecting some ORANGE JUICE, but no, it was
bluddy SQUASH in a CARTON. It tasted like Sainsbury's economy, it wasn't even
bluddy HIGH JUICE.

Ribena is a rip-off, however much you like it - it's just Sainsbury's squash
in a carton. You're better off buying the squash from the supermarket and
diluting it yourself and putting it in a bottle, honestly. Also I think the
company that makes it is cruel to animals or something* so we should be
boycotting them anyway.

Complaints aside, Belle the kissing dog hit the nail on the head with:

> Chocolate does really taste great.

Personally, I don't worry myself about my weight, so I've been having a great
christmas too! We had a big tin of roses at work and a couple of boxes of
celebrations at home, which I gorged myself on. I had a fun time.

I went to the bowling thing, carsmile has already done the proper report, and
called me a jonny come lately! Well I've thought about it and I don't really
have any defense so I'll move on to the obligatory new years eve report...

First teenage-y party I've been to since summer and it was indeed fun - it
was inside someones barn, which was cold but they had a heater. I got people
dancing to the moldy peaches but most people were too busy being cool and
taking drugs. We missed new years as well since nobody was really watching
the time - someone said "30 seconds left, lets go outside" so we all did and
the fireworks were already going.. ooops.

If you read this far then you deserve a rolls royce, but you're not going to
get one.

James xx

*I have vague memories of Jen opposing this in a very informed-citizen kind
of way, so maybe I'm exaggerating.