Sinister: if all the things you see ain't what they seem...

Kirsten Kenyon chinacat81 at xxx.com
Fri Jan 11 04:42:20 GMT 2002

  wow.  what to say now...
   i suppose i could write a long, detailed account of the past two
weeks, colorful descriptions of the lovely people i am privileged to
have met, a good number of humorous anecdotes and maybe even a bit
about frank lloyd wright.  or andy warhol.  henry mancini?  maybe.
   or i could assume the demanding role of 'disinfected indie kid'
and say nothing at all except that this afternoon found me back
at
work and i'm feeling lazy.
either way...
   i met a lot of wonderful people and didn't take enough photos.
i do have a number of grocery receipts decorated with...*really nice
portraits* of richard, ally, stevie, jeremy and, for one reason or
another, david arquette. and a couple of myself. and a horned
hamilton (his halo having been rudely scratched when it was pointed
out that he was not jackson).
    i have a few photos, anyway.  i'll take more next time.
    the relatives have been calling.  it's funny.
    a certain steve fowler, upon hearing my voice, proclaimed 'OH,
you're foreign' and asked me if i was 'from canadia.'  and i
said 'no, wisconsin.' close enough.  and someone said something about
how there are probably lots of gaudy christmas decorations in
wisconsin, and i couldn't argue.  just ask elise and jim.
     i brought very few things home with me.  but...quality over
quantity, right?  right.  i brought:
     * a copy of 'ghost world' from calumn.  very very nice of
him...i love it.  and my brother loves it as well.  THANK YOU!
     * a large bottle of bombay sapphire.  by the time i got to the
duty free shop, i was pretty sure i'd be needing it very soon.
really.
     * a new favorite sweater.  new to me...and it's orange.  and i
love love love it.
     * a really bad cold and a fun raspy voice to go with it.
however, both of these are pretty much gone now.
     anyway.  i had a wonderful time.  thank you.
     and i'm home now, and back to classes in a few weeks.  at the
moment, i'm feeling quite motivated...academically, at least.  but
we'll see what happens after twenty minutes in a math class.  at any
rate, making good grades this semester should enable me to move out
of my parents' house in may.  this would be really nice.
especially in case of visitors.
      i have been trying to post for a number of days, and this is
the best i can do right now.  i do apologize.  there's just a lot....
it's been strange getting things back to normal.  on tuesday, i got
up at five in the morning, all alone in room 202 of the baltimore
airport ramada.  after nearly two hours getting through security,
several cigarettes with a rough-talking icelandic woman, half a box
of kleenex and a glass of watery orange juice, i was in chicago.  my
father met me at the airport and we drove to milwaukee with a lot of
steely dan and a little bit of talking.  mostly steely dan, though.
      anyway...this is enough for now.  or more than
enough...lengthwise, anyway.  maybe next time i'll be able to
actually say something.....with some sense.....
   love
  kirsten

Care2 make the world greener!