Sinister: a little rain never hurt no one

Jules Markham littleblackfox at xxx.com
Sat Jan 12 10:13:01 GMT 2002

hello all you cardie wearing tweefolk!
It feels like forever since I last posted. There are lots of new vocal
peepul making the posts most interesting.
Things have been wierd in the land of Jules, Time is syrupy, an hour lasts
forever, a year slips by like nothing.
It's been a year since the Hucknall incident, and I guess I'm finally
settled. I quit my vile job to sell pagan equipment on the internet and it's
doing well. Not brilliant, but I've never needed much money anyway. People
keep asking me about witchcraft, are you a white witch? What do you believe
in? what do you do? why do you do it? do you have christmas? do you believe
in god? do you curse people? do you cast love spells? how do you cast
spells? does it work? all that sort of thing. and I say No,I guess I'm a
hedgewitch. the earth below, the sky above. it's private. because. no, i
have yule. no. no. no. private again. if it didnt, I wouldnt.
I know I should be helpful and honest, but I feel like a freakshow. Just
laid open and bare to be picked over by people who mean well but curiosity
makes them rude.
Still, I encourage the questions, more open-mindedness, and please dont burn
me.

Last year I got a house, a fiance I love, a mortgage, 2 cats (who were
rescued and already had names. If they didn't we would have called them
Withnail and Marwood) a garden, I saw B&S live for the first time and though
of sitting by the stereo at 10 at night what seems like years ago hoping
that Mark Radcliffe would play the song he had ended the show the previous
night with, the one about giving yourself to providence. I had managed to
tape it anyway, but it sounded somehow better in the dark. I remembered
taping the sessions, and thought that those folk who download the tracks
dont get the conversations between the songs, like when mark lamar got
called a retro-minch, or mark radcliffe mock scolding wee stuart with 'we
made you!' when he was being sulky. I still have the tapes. I listen to them
for the talking, for isobels sweet voice...'you know who I am I told you!'
as mike would say, the saucy wee minx!

well, I'm skulking back to my foxhole, with a wave of the tail to the folks
who know me, and the ones who dont.
Jules x