Sinister: Our sames go right down to the bone

ArtsyDeco at xxx.com ArtsyDeco at xxx.com
Sat Jan 12 12:38:03 GMT 2002

Ok, I'm going to give this a shot.

I don't want to write the same post as last time.

I suppose I could talk about new years.

Wait, first I should say lots of thankyous  to all the lovely people who sent
me birthday greetings.  They quite brightened my day.  Ian I believe
expressed confusion at my idea of sending in quotes and whatnot for my
mixtape.  Yes I would like them on a tape Ian.  Please do not attempt to send
yourself by mail and then jump out with something to say for me as this will
anger the postal service.  The last thing I need in my life is angry postal
workers.  Anyway, Ian is the only person who replied to this.  If other
people might be interested, they can email me for details.  If not I shall
have to pick out quotes and get my friends to read them.  I appologize in
advance for those of my friends who will probably insist on badly imitating
the British accent.

Now, back to New Years.

The party started out okay and most people seemed very friendly.  Then some
glass in the door broke and some neanderthals apparently thought "hey, broken
glass is so amazingly cool, I think I will make some more of it."  And so the
party became more hazardous.  Then the sane people started leaving, someone
put on iron maiden, some jerk kept taking his ass out, and then the put on
porn.  Peter wisely chose this as a time to go upstairs and try to sleep.  I
was a little afraid to sleep incase the neanderthals came in with mischief on
their minds.  Apparently an unlocked doorknob is too tricky an apparatus for
your average neanderthal because they couldn't seem to open it and chose
instead to repeatedly shoulder charge the door.  Thankfully the door held up
and eventually the house was quiet.

The whole point of that story is that it was the best new year's I have ever
had, simply on account of being with Peter.

But now I'm home again.  I've got a cold and seem to have developed an
inability to go back to sleep once I wake up in the morning.  I think maybe
the bed is too lonely and those quiet minutes or hours before I fall asleep
make me miss him too much so I have to get up and do something.

On the way to England there were to other girls going to see their
boyfriends.  On the way back there were two different girls who had just had
to say goodbye to their fiances as well.  It made me feel better that other
people were keeping up these long distance relationships.  I have never come
across an American boy with a British girlfriend though.  Strange.

I like the Rachel Fruitloop and Ben story because it reminds me of Peter and
I.  It will be our one year anniversary very soon.  Throughout this year I
have missed him alot, bawled like a baby when we've had to part, sometimes
bawled just because I miss him so much, but I remind myself that he loves me
and it's better.  So Rachel, March, or whichever month you have to wait for,
does come even when it seems it won't.  It's a year and a half until he
finishes school and then we can live together.  That day will come too.
Currently I am captivated by the idea of what I have taken to calling "the
first day of our forever."  The first day when we live together, knowing that
we won't be apart for huge stretches of time anymore.  I imagine the feeling
being a combination of incredibly excitement and enormous relief.  The idea
of our wedding day also plays through my head alot.  I console myself by
reminding myself that someday not so far off I will be Kara Carter, and as
the first sounds of my names join in the harmony of alliteration, so will
Peter and I join in matrimony.  Silliness aside though, I am waiting for
these days with stifling impatience.

I love Peter Carter.

I love all of you too, just in a very different way,
be exceptionally well,
Kara Jean*